The new Arm64 Servers from Hetzner are so powerful!

I ran some benchmarks to compare the different CPU technologies available at the cloud servers at Hetzner and was amazed by the new kid on the block Arm64, so just wanted to share the results with you. Used sysbench 1.0.20

Performance Comparison of Hetzner VPS Servers per CPU type

1. Intel CPU (2 cores):

• CPU Speed: 1837.36 events per second
    • File I/O Read Speed: 261,851.36 reads/s
    • File I/O Read Throughput: 4,091.43 MiB/s
  2. AMD CPU (2 cores):

• CPU Speed: 3157.82 events per second
    • File I/O Read Speed: 14,083.83 reads/s
    • File I/O Read Throughput: 220.06 MiB/s
  3. ARM64 Ampere CPU (2 cores):

• CPU Speed: 6587.18 events per second
    • File I/O Read Speed: 303,044.32 reads/s
    • File I/O Read Throughput: 4,735.07 MiB/s

Note: AMD was pretty bad on the SSD stats btw, maybe they attached an older SSD disk.

Observations:

• In terms of CPU speed, the ARM64 Ampere CPU outperforms both Intel and AMD CPUs, followed by the AMD CPU and then the Intel CPU.
  • For file I/O read speed and throughput, the ARM64 Ampere CPU again performs the best, followed by the Intel CPU and then the AMD CPU.

Overall, the ARM64 Ampere CPU shows the highest performance in both CPU-intensive tasks and file I/O operations. The AMD CPU performs better than the Intel CPU in all aspects but falls short compared to the ARM64 Ampere CPU. Therefore, if you prioritize high-performance computing and file I/O operations, the ARM64 Ampere CPU-based VPS server would be the recommended choice.

See also their announcement

https://www.hetzner.com/news/arm64-cloud

and now it is also super easy to create Arm64 Servers from Hetzner in Wappler:

1 Like

You still can’t beat the Oracle offer for 0€

Still no problem after two years. I am really impressed with Oracle on this one. At some point they will screw me but in the meantime Oracle, Scaleway S3 free 75GB storage, Caprover, and I are best friends :smiley:

I’ve even considered at some point migrating to their Oracle Database and take advantage of the free computing just for the DB…but I guess that’s where I would be cheated at some point :smiley:
So I’m sticking with PG taking resources from the main infra.

Edit: LOL I just saw they now provide 3000 daily emails. I think that was not there before…or if it was I missed it.

7 Likes

Hey. Instead of just mentioning your affiliate code just because, it would be better if you created some content around Hetzner and Wappler and then maybe add that piece.

2 Likes

Actually, it looks like that referral code belongs to Linus Tech Tips :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Ehmm lol? i guess :joy:

Sorry just found it under Linus’s video indeed and thought it might be handful for someone who wants to sign up now. Not mine at all.

No problem, mate! JonL thought it was your referral code (which by the way, you can obtain and earn 10€ per referred user)

So, essentially, Linus gets 10€ per user that signs-up with that code (and the user gets 20€ sign-up bonus as you described)

I’m sure JonL won’t complaint if you post your referral code now :grimacing:

Not against referral codes. I think if used honestly and adding value they are a good incentive for people spending their time working for others for free.

Let’s face it, the wappler team basically did this with D.O. Nobody minded, everyone benefitted