The Future of Coding?

I just came across this, I can see this kind of tool having a big disruptive effect on a large part of the dev community:

Scary yet exciting in the same breath.

3 Likes

It is! I don’t know if we’re ready for such a disruptive technology. I can’t imagine what the next 5, 10, 20 years ago going to look like.

1 Like

Even the next year or two will have some huge advances, I’ve been watching this space a lot and the acceleration of it is blistering. I think the start of the massive steps will be Generative AI training other AI which is what we’re seeing in the article above.

2 Likes

Glad i am retired, work is going to become harder to get in the freelance market. :relieved:

We thought we would be the last ones to lose our jobs. Turns out we may very well be the first cohort :rofl:

2 Likes

Shall we play a game…

8 Likes

speaking of ai, yall seen this

2 Likes

I’m Afraid I Can’t Do That, Dave.

4 Likes

I’m really 1000% against the AI campaign …
I don’t know if I’m right or wrong but I would rather prerfer searching how human will be able to use a large part of our human brain (not just a tiny persentage as we use now…) instead of trying to create a substitude of a brain that will eventually be a lot more clever than we(humans) are (and without feelings…).
Maybe I’m an old fashion man or not seeing clear but that’s it and that’s all for me

1 Like

6ozwFj8FgXGAo

1 Like

Living tissue over metal endoskeleton

Living is not just breathing…

To live is to make decisions and defining your life

You all are no fun! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

2025:

• Several high-profile incidents involving AI systems cause public concern (e.g., data breaches, biased decision-making, job displacement).
  • Small-scale protests against AI companies and their products begin in major cities worldwide.
  • Online communities and forums dedicated to discussing the dangers of AI gain traction.

2026-2028:

• Anti-AI sentiment grows as more jobs are automated, and AI is increasingly used in sensitive areas like healthcare, finance, and law enforcement.
  • Organized anti-AI groups form, staging larger protests and lobbying for AI regulation.
  • A charismatic leader emerges, galvanizing the anti-AI movement with a compelling narrative about the existential threat posed by AI.
  • Some anti-AI groups take on a religious or cult-like character, portraying AI as a demonic force.

2029-2031:

• An “AI Winter” sets in as public backlash and stringent regulations slow down AI development and adoption.
  • Extremist anti-AI factions engage in sabotage, hacking, and attacks on AI infrastructure.
  • Moderate voices within the anti-AI movement call for a balanced approach, advocating for responsible AI development rather than outright opposition.

Possible outcomes:

1. Regulation and Coexistence: Governments implement strict regulations on AI development and deployment, addressing public concerns while allowing for continued innovation. Society adapts to living with AI, and the anti-AI movement gradually loses steam.

2. Luddite Victory: The anti-AI movement succeeds in significantly curtailing AI development, leading to a long-term global ban on advanced AI systems. Technological progress slows, and society grapples with the opportunity costs of forgoing AI benefits.

3. Polarization and Conflict: The anti-AI movement becomes increasingly radical, leading to a polarized society divided between AI supporters and opponents. Violent conflicts between the two sides become common, destabilizing nations and economies.

4. AI Triumph: Despite the efforts of the anti-AI movement, AI development continues apace, driven by powerful corporate and government interests. AI becomes deeply embedded in every aspect of life, and the anti-AI movement is marginalized or suppressed.

Well - it was already predicted a long time ago in I, Robot :slight_smile: … there is only one logical conclusion:

3 Likes

AI is what we will send out into space. No need to worry about our biological bodies being riddled with radiation. Let AI go and build everything we need on Mars, or elsewhere, first. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You are all just NPCs of the simulation I live in.

3 Likes

Only Winamp can save us now. Release the llama!

llama_large

3 Likes

After building a project on Wappler a while ago now, I started using AI tools as soon as they became available, including Replit, chatGPT 4 and others and is not only fast is like having your own full stack dev, teacher, coach and mentor. Of all of them Replit is one step away from DEVIN software agent. We will see an avalanche of these tools over the next 6 months. It’s months, not years away!

I would want to see the same kind of AI assistant inside Wappler to start my project, create specified functionality, fix issues, and build out my interface, then we can focus on the one tool and get all the benefits of AI and Wappler has to offer.

3 Likes