Thank You For S3 Connector for Server Connect.....!

:rocket: Yippee… :rocket:

Happiness is…

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH @George, @patrick, @Teodor!

7 Likes

@Antony, can you feed back how you’re using the new feature and any info that might be useful? I am sure I’m going to need this very soon.

Some useful use cases:

• have secure file downloads from the cloud - no longer you need to put you secured files outside of your webroot to be secure
  • files are always backuped and you can even enable versioning on AWS
  • have your static assets available from CDN
  • use CDN for world wide coverage
  • personally I prefer Digital Ocean as it is much easier to setup than AWS
4 Likes

Thanks @George. I may be starting a project soon which will have loads of very large files for people to purchase so S3 was my thinking for this. Large storage very cheap, too.

Would this work for vultr.com too? It’s S3 compatible so I would have thought so.

1 Like

DO’s overage traffic (bandwidth) is ~12x cheaper than AWS

We have currently added presets for AWS and Digital Ocean.

I see Vultr Object storage is indeed also S3 compatible, so we will try it and add it to the provider presets if it all works fine.

4 Likes

I’m just going to use it as the place where my users store files such as header logos and email attachments.

Since I’m using AWS Elastic Beanstalk, the server can autoscale to multiple instances so the database and file store need to be separate entities, hence the use of S3 and not server file storage.

1 Like

Is there a file size upload restriction with this feature? I have projects where the user needs to upload bigger files and can’t because of the 100mb max php-restriction of the hosting.

An client-side upload component or action (exact implementation is not yet known) will be coming. I would not advice using the current Put File actions to upload large files to S3.

You have do a request to a server action to generate a signed upload url first and then you can use that to upload directly from the client browser to S3 without first uploading it to your own server. That way you don’t have any php limitations.

1 Like

very useful! Good job guys!