Text overlay on image

What is the right way of placing text as an overlay to a slide in slideshow or swiper? Also, is it possible to have mixed vertical and horizontal images in a swiper such that the entire image shows without shrinking one or the other? The new design panel seems to have a lot of options which make me think this might be easier than I think to do.

Thanks,
Rick

The slideshow component has title and description options which overlay the slides.

In the swiper component you just build your slides layout as any other element on your page, so you can overlay text by absolutely position it over the images.

It’s not recommended to use images with different widths in the swiper, nor in the slideshow.

Also you can check here how to overlay text on images. It’s the same for Swiper slides:

Hi @Teodor,

I tried this on a swiper element, but the title is still showing below the swiper element instead of overlaying it. Here are my design panel settings and respective css lines:

Also tried this with a card element btw that overlays the image, containing a title. text and button.

What am I doing wrong??

Got the same problem here, turned out wappler only uploads the html file, not the css files