Text Edit Mode Often Not Working

I’m using:

Wappler 5.1.1
Windows 10

The issue:

I’ve noticed that when I first go into text edit mode all works well, but if I click out of the paragraph and a few minutes later click back in, I can no longer edit the text.

I can fix it by closing the file and re-opening it, but obviously this is very tedious…

Is this a bug or am I missing something in how this mode works? :thinking:

Am using 5.1.1, but it was the same in previous release 5 versions…

It seems to happen no matter where in the app structure the paragraph is placed.

I’m trying to create a lot of text content in the coming days, and will probably need to go back to another laptop with 3.9.7 on it to be able to edit with ease… :confounded:

Am hoping there is a quick solution!

1 Like

@teodor, can you help me to find a solution to this please? :pray:

@patrick, do you have any idea what could be causing this? I’m spending this week creating blog post content and am having to do it in 3.9.7, as v5 is completely unusable for me when it comes to text entry. I’d love to know what the solution is!

The paragraphs where you have this problem, do they only contain text or do they also contain components like buttons?

They only have text… I can create the most simple page layout and structure and still have the same problem!

Hi there @patrick… can you work with me to try and fix this? I’ve got 2 different laptops where it is a problem, and is becoming a bit of a showstopper… as I try to create content, I can only do it by editing the source code!

Both laptops are running Windows 10… could this potentally be the issue?

Thanks!
Antony.

Can you post a short video showing the problems you are having?

Yes… can you remind me of the name of that gif video grabbing little windows app that allows me to do that?

I’m using screentogif https://www.screentogif.com/ but a regular mp4 screengrab also works.