Synchronisation issues

Wappler Version : 2.2.4
Operating System : Windows 10

Expected behavior

App Structure, Code View and Design View should all be synchronized.

Actual behavior

Quite often, they’re not.

Synchronisation has always been someting of an issue, but I think it’s slightly more of an issue since the last update - at least in some respects. Eg As far as I remember, when applying margins or padding everything usually updates straightaway. However, the discrepancy below remained after saving and refreshing etc… Design view updated instantly, while code view didn’t update. Restarting Wappler usually gets things back on track, but it’s something that seems necessary quite often.

Not a major issue, but it can be confusing sometimes - eg when you upload a modifed file (at least what you thought was a modified file) and no changes are apparent.

We can investigate but we are totally rebuilding the whole process with Monaco editor as a central source store and synchronization provider.

And the goal is indeed to have a rock solid, but also ultra fast synchronization.

In the coming weeks we will be adding it to the experimental features to test. But it is quite an undertaking to get it all done.

2 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, I would prefer you concentrate on the major things you’re working on - and I’m really looking forward to being able to use Monaco more. I think it will be a big improvment.

As I mentioned, it’s not a major issue. I only mentioned it as I hadn’t seen any comments about it recently and thought it might be useful to know that there are still some issues.

3 Likes

Great, same here, not with Monaco…at times, I have to close the file and bring it alive again to see or effect the changes i have made.