Support for google maps alternative

as many of you know google maps now have changed the service costs and its not affordable anymore.
we used to be able to make 25,000 request per day for free and now we are limited by 14,000 per month. after that you will be charged a lot of money.

so i hope we see Mapbox for example. it have 50,000 free request per day and you can make your own map layers also its based on OSM

did you try openstreetmap?
they have API too and seems no limits are set:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6

1 Like

yes
mapbox use OSM (open street map) with more features with better interface to handle your own map layers

1 Like

I have not been using to much Wappler but the time will come that I will start really using it and I use a lot of maps at work we changed our drupal and wordpress sites to use open street maps, since google also started to force you to enter your credit card information to use their maps.
So I vote for this integration as well.

Bumping this for more votes.

I have a very basic need for a map. Just have to show the location of our theatre on the website. Nothing fancy and Google has priced themselves out of the running for non-profits.

@brad doesn’t the $250 in google maps credit for nonprofits cover what you need?

https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/1614581?hl=en

1 Like

Hmmm, didn’t know that existed. Thanks, I’ll look into it.

Oh man, it’s a must for nonprofits. A whole lotta free.

Google’s plan for non-profits gives you way more than maps. Mail, drive, docs, sheets, calendar, etc. Unlimited users, 30GB per user, completely free. Definitely worth looking into @brad.

1 Like

I add my vote for the new map integration as well.

yes, me too. mapbox is the best imo. very generous free tier and a lot of cool possibilities.

Hi @albert and everyone,
Have you got some feedbacks/advices about MapBox integration?
I’m thinking about adding a new map feature in my project (tasks manager for locations), linking data and layers over a map. Actually we only offer task list using filters.
Many thanks.
Sylvain

We are actually working on an open streets map integration it is a solid alternative.

9 Likes