Structure of Wappler

Hello all,

Started Wappler 2 days ago. I’m struggling with understanding the structure of the app. For example, I bang a ‘header’ on the page. Does that NEED to go in a container? If so why? And do you need to have MAIN? Do you put the container INTO MAIN? Can you just have a ROW, then put a HEADER into that ROW? or do you need a CONTAINER, for the ROW, for the HEADER? or does all of that need to go into the MAIN? Does every single thing you do need to be in containers? If so why? If not, why not?

What’s the point of NAV bars? Why can’t I just build my own Nav bar with a container and an image?

Thanks

Ash

This is another fundamental difference between Bubble and Wappler. Bubble (unfortunately) allows you to drag and drop elements anywhere, which often leads to a poor user experience and poor design. Structure is important here and while it may seem like a restriction, it is an important feature. Bootstrap provides this structure.

Generally speaking the app structure panel of Wappler will prevent you from doing things that would break the Bootstrap structure of your app— All of your questions are actually not Wappler questions, but rather are Bootstrap questions. I say this only as it greatly expands the resources at your disposal to understand its restrictions and opportunities.

I believe @ben has done some bootstrap specific videos here as well.

3 Likes

Thanks @mebeingken for your reply.

That makes a lot of sense. I’ll watch some videos and learn about bootstrap.

I definitely prefer Wappler to Bubble and I know once I’ve learnt it all I’ll never go back. In fact, from what I already know I’m invested into Wappler 100%. Every time people used to ask me about building websites I felt like I was a cheat or fraud using Bubble. I couldn’t answer any questions about coding, hosting, bootstrap, anything because Bubble makes it so easy to not have to think about any of it. It never felt like I could say “I build websites”.

I met my ex partners family 2 years ago and my partner said “Yeah he’s building a website, a platform for xyz” and her cousin is a programmer and he said “oh wow, that’s amazing, are you using PHP or Node for your xyz and bla bla bla. Are you hosting it on x because they’re really good.” How can you then say “oh havent a clue, I just built it on a drag and drop software” how embarrassing. So when I’ve found out about Wappler, I think “finally!” it’s just shaking off the Bubble mindset and not giving up on Wappler.

Really appreciate the community here.

Any resources and things you think may help please do let me know. Hopefully I can give back when I’ve learnt it all :slight_smile:

4 Likes