Stripe: Help with the right input variables/object

An Object on the client side was created by the Stripe.js createPaymentMethod trigger. [object Object] is sitting in a textarea named ‘paymtmeth’. I want to pass the whole structured object or just its ID over to server via form (then save ID to db).

How do I structure my input for collecting either the whole Object or just the payment_method ID?
I would appreciate both input methods for my learning… and for the community as I could not see a similar use case in previous posts.
Thanks folks.

Well what value exactly have you selected for your textarea? Where did you select it from / how did you select it there?

It is the paymentMethod value (from the dynamic picker) assigned to my submit button:

Can you show a screenshot of what exactly do you pick in the data picker?

So did you try to access the id like paymentMethod.id

Thanks!
The Card Element variables (ID, card, type…) under the parent object are not visible in the picker. That would be a nice upgrade since we cannot guess what they are until we see them afterwards in the dev tool.

Teo,
Making some progress!
Any idea why the POST var whose linked field paymtMeth matches that of the textarea name returns null instead of the ID?

For the community’s info: the textarea field does not communicate with the POST var input as wished.
I toggled the bootstrap 4 generator, which turned the field into an input text field and now my pm_xxx ID gets sent to the POST var as desired.

Not sure what you mean by that. Textareas and text inputs work the same way.
There is something you haven’t configured property that’s causing this. A missing id or name, a different POST variable name etc.

Yes definitely my bad setup and unable to fix it due to my lack of coding skills.
Happy that your magic BS4 generator created the right setup with one click! :smiley:

Teo,
Since your Stripe upgrade with 300+ components, is the client_secret passed to client side automatically thanks to Stripe JS script when generated by the setupIntent or paymentIntent API?