Stripe Connected Account, How Much To Charge For the Application Fee?

Hi All

I’m creating a shopping cart function for my project that allows member companies to accept card payments from their customers that book through my platform (using the ‘Create payment intent template’). I’m slowly working through it (my first time using Stripe for this) with the help of some great posts in this community.

I know a few of you out there are doing similar so I thought I’d ask what kind of application fee are you charging for each transaction?

I’m in the UK so will be pricing in GBP - I was thinking somewhere in the region of £0.80p - £1.20+ Stripe fees per transaction - Am I on the right path here?

To the Wappler team:
I just realised today there are templates for a small amount of Stripe actions, they look amazing, thank you for doing that, they are a big help. May I suggest that more are added in the future? They are such a massive hassle saver.

1 Like

Hi Tom,

I was close to finishing a video for a checkout payment procedure using Stripe, when I realised that Wappler now facilitates Stripe Elements. I have not been able to make it work as yet. I think that Wappler still has a way to go before Elements can be used. What I am trying to say is that you may like to wait before progressing with the card version.

3 Likes

Thanks for that Ben, that’s really great to know. Stripe Elements looks like a great addition for Wappler but I can’t delay a project due to an unannounced release date, that’s pretty frustrating really but there’s little that can be done. I’m guessing I’ll press on with the current set up with a view to creating a Stripe Elements feature as and when its been released/tested.

Regarding the application fee, based on my most recent research, an application fee of 0.2% +30p seems reasonable, do you have any thoughts on this?

I read earlier that you are travelling? Hope you and your wife have a great time, look forward to seeing you at our next Wappler Friday meeting.

2 Likes

I’m about to start something similar but not quite ready for the CC processing. I haven’t used any of Wappler’s stripe integration yet, but the Stripe Elements API looks pretty straight forward. I too will be dealing with the question of what to charge.

1 Like