Strange Characters for Paging Icons

It seems I am getting some strange characters in my pagination. It’s only happening in the browser, not in the design view. I’m using Font Awesome Pro 5, and the icons seems to be working elsewhere. Any ideas?

In Design View:

In the browser:

Thanks,
Chris

here the same thing happens

yea, looks the same. But your pagination looks ok though.

Is it possible that font awesome is missing on your server, did you check in devtools if there are errors?

Did you upload the dmxAppConnect/dmxBootstrap4PagingGenerator directory to your server?

I have seen this happen from time to time and it generally means that the quotes (") generated by the page generator were not generated correctly. What I would recommend is re-running the page generator and see if that corrects the issue.

All the Font Awesome files are there, nothing shows an error in the dev tools. Even the troublesome woff files are there.

Yes, I re-uploaded the Paging Generator folder, still same issue.

Good point, I re-ran this again. I also created a fresh new project, went through the steps again and I get the same results.

@turn3636
What server are you using?

IIS on Server 2012 R2. I’m using ASP.NET framework. I have several Wappler sites running on this server, and they seem to be correct but it could be a site specific issue.

As you’re using the Pro version of Fontawesome, you’ll need to list the domain in your FA account. (I’m sure you must have done this, but in case this is a new domain and you forgot…)

I am using Font Awesome Pro 5, but using the local files. I didn’t know about adding my domain if I’m using local files?

Please check:

1 Like

I have a feeling you have to anyway, but I could be wrong. If you can open the Fontawesome .css file referenced on youru page, you’ll know if this the issue.

It’s not a domain related issue. Check the topics I linked to, they explain what’s wrong actually :slight_smile:

So Teodor, that article did the trick. I don’t understand why it was only affecting that site, as other sites on that server show the icons correctly. I wouldn’t exactly say the server is badly configured, as it is a default setting. We checked and the other sites we have are set the same way, and the paging generator shows up perfectly fine. Did something change recently in Wappler’s paging generator? Either way, that setting worked and I’m grateful for your help.

@TomD, good idea but i didn’t have to change anything in the font awesome file for it to work. Changed the encoding setting the Teodor mentioned and it worked.