Static websites Options while creating new project

Hello

I am creating a static website that i want to host on a CDN. I do not want to host it on Firebase as i like my CDN more (restrict countrywise access, cheaper, faster)

1. In Development Environment should i select Wappler Server or Own Server ?
  2. In Server Should i select None or NodeJS?

Also if it matters, I am using App Connect. I am not using Server Connect as i want to make a static site.

Thanks

Hi @ruast, will try to answer your questions...

If you have your own server go with that option, sounds as if that is the case.

If you have the capability to host Node JS then it is available to you to run with Node. There is not so much of a benefit for a static site though, as with regards to using Node for a dynamic site, but the choice is entirely yours in that respect.

This does not matter for a static site. In this circumstance using App Connect will allow you to make full use of the Client side functionality of Wappler, BUT you won't get the best out of Wappler until you implement Server Connect. Regarding the Framework side, although you have not asked, Bootstrap is quite fundamental as this is the primary Framework Wappler makes use of (yes there is also Framework7 but primarily that is for mobile). So if you run with a template as many do you'll want to insure it is Bootstrap based.

Hope that helps?

1 Like

Thank you this helps. But I am not sure if I need NodeJS. What are the advantages of NodeJS in a static site ?

To be honest I'm not sure there are any, @JonL would probably be far more informative than me regarding this subject. Maybe nano seconds of speed advantage over PHP, but that is down to the host and their specific configuration... But for static I would expect you'll just be HTML based pages, so really not worth it?

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

No need for a backend(server model) if you are just serving plain html.

2 Likes

Thank you will go with plain html then

1 Like