Static Users list VS Database Users list / Security

Hi,
Have few question about this multi user security setting :

-Are there case where using a Static list would be faster than using a Database user list at time of connecting each registered users…?

• Is there a recommended number of users when a Static list should be droped in favor of a Database list ?

• Or are they just both as fast and reliable compared to the other ?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge here
:wink:

The answer is:

However database option gives you more flexibility :slight_smile:

1 Like

In Security :
Using Static Mode wth User Name + Permissions :

Would it be more simple to define various Shop Crew members for a Brand than using a Database ?
for instance :
If the permission in static mode limit the accounting member of Shop1 to edit “all accounting pages” from his shop it would also give him rights to see all other same model shops Accounting pages…

Can the static list mode limit the accountant of Shop 1 to view/edit only his own shops content or is a Database Security mode better in this case ?

I guess that would require an added filtering based on the Shop Ref. #, (that the static list mode doesnt include from its original table)

Tks :slightly_smiling_face:

For me the main difference is that static permissions have to be manually added via the security provider, dynamic permissions can me managed from a web page so can be added to an admin console.

So if a customer needs a cms written, it is better that they can manage the use permissions themselves via an admin interface rather than having to come back to me to do it manually via security provider or every change.
I

1 Like

Thanks for making this clearer !

Ok Teodor
But as I have already highlighted in another discussion if static users are used, then how can the pages protect (without having a list in the database)?

The way I understand it is that static user list versus database user list is just that a

• Static user list has hard coded users and password values in the Wappler application, so any changes to this user list would need to be done in Wappler editor by a “developer”.
  • Database user list is stored in a database, and therefore can be managed through a web page designed specifically for this purpose by the “front end user”.

I would imagine that the database route would mean an extra database call is required, that is not required for static user password permission list, however the speed would be so fast that for all intensive purposes you’d never notice the performance difference.

Hence @Teodor comment that database option is more flexible albeit takes a little more to setup .

As far as securing pages using the security provider there is no difference between static user list vs database user list as the same security provider can use a static list and also a dynamic database list to provide the same results.

If my understanding is incorrect someone please correct me.

The differences between static users and database trends are intuitive. The use of static users is a useful option if, as in my case this time, there are no other users and in any case they do not have to be managed by others.
The problem is that I found tutorials for the attribution of security to the pages, only when users are from database. For static users I can’t find the solution, and I can’t find anyone who knows something

I don’t understand you Marzio. It’s the same if you are using a database security provider or a static one.
Can you please explain in a shorter and more clear way what exactly you cannot do and what exactly are you having problems with? Maybe post some screenshots?

Ok
this is login action

And this is logout action

This is login page

This is page to protect

On Side Data server select the action, but …

That is totally wrong.
You only need to define ONE security provider there. and that is already explained in the docs:

Then you create two server actions for the log in and log out (not different security providers!!!)

And then you need a server action having the restrict step only - it’s used to protect the page. It is what you select on the page.

Thanks Teodor
I think I understand how it works
At the moment I cannot verify it, because strangely I have problems with Wappler, but I don’t know if it depends on me.
Several times when saving a Wappler file closes and a message appears asking to restart.
But now a message came out that warns me that the Wappler app is damaged. Now I will reinstall

Teodor
Is it normal that with NodeJS File Manager does not list the files on remote target? Because it seems that pages are no longer loaded on the remote server

Sorry ignore me was set to local target!!

I have the same view so can’t verify… :wink: