Static security provider not working

Same issue. I can create the siteSecurity OK as well as the login page
by following https://wappler.io/docs/#Create-Log-In-Page.
But when I click on the ‘Submit’ button, nothing happens (see vid capture and please let me know if I missed something).

Setting Up Security.mp4 (116.8 MB)

And when I add the security provision to the page I want to protect, I get a browser error:

Apply Security to Page.mp4 (20.5 MB)

You can access these pages on my test site: http://statecollegedev.com - click on the “Admin Portal” link just above the blue “Gallery” button.

Any help is appreciated.

Randy, have a look at the Login Properties as per

and compare that to what you have in your form

A matter of ‘case’.

Edit: This problem can be easily overcome if you populate the Global variables from your form

I made the two fields all lowercase and I redid everything and still nothing happens when I click on the login submit button - I get the same server error when I try to open a protected page. Have you gotten site security and login to work using Wappler? With way too many steps to get a login going, I must be missing something… maybe something not obvious?

See my latest vid to check for user error:

No Go Login.mp4 (70.4 MB)

No Go Page Open.mp4 (16.1 MB)

Please visit my test site: http://statecollegedev.com/Admin/adm-logon.php

There are no that many steps actually.
You need a security provider set up and then you apply it on the pages… Everything is documented step by step already.

Please provide a link to your login page as well as the login details, so we can test.
Make sure the debug option in server connect is enabled as well.

Randy, you have applied the Security Provider Enforcer to the Login page. This has the effect that one must be logged in to be able to login

1 Like

Yes I realize that. I was just testing if the site security worked on any other page and since I had the logon page open, I used it. It did the same thing on the logon page so the server error is not just with the portal page. In the video you’ll see I removed the security from the logon. Still, neither the logon nor its protected page work for me. So I believe there is something I’m doing that is not obvious that is causing my issue and hopefully someone in this forum with a keen eye will spot it.

Randy, please check my last reply:

See my response above to Ben for the URL. How do I “Make sure the debug option in server connect is enabled”?

Your reply does not include the login details.
Click the little cog icon in server connect panel and enable debug option.

In the Server Connect Panel click on the gear icon.

Then turn on Debug switch

Oh Teodor meant to type “…little cog icon…” I was looking for his “…little dog icon…” :grinning:

Thanks

1 Like

Yes, sorry … My browser autocorrect is doing some funny things.

OK I turned on the debug - how/what does this do and how do I get whatever info it captures to you?

Which logon details do you need? These?:

The debug shows you additional information on errors when viewing in the browser developer console.

What are the login details which are supposed to work?

Hey this is neat… here’s what the browser error says:

It says that permissions are not an option but required. Didn’t know that.
Thanks for the debug lead, I’ll definitely study that to give you guys a break. :sweat:

Are you sure the debug is enabled, as i see this:

A server error occurred, to see the error enable the DEBUG flag.

It’s on on my local copy of Wappler… obviously I need to upload one of the DMXzone folders from my localhost site to the host site so you can also see the debug?

Yes just upload your site to the remote target.

OK… the host folders and pages are re-uploaded. Let me know if this is helpful and what you need?