Starting a new Node project install errors

Not sure why but when creating a new Node project I am running into errors almost right away.

1. New Blank Project, setup the options with Server Model set to NodeJS, click Save.
  2. Click Yes to this

After it runs for about a minute I get this though.

I have the same problem on 2 macs, both with Wappler 3 beta 2, 1 running Mac OS X Mojave and the other on Mac OS X Catalina, with all latest updates on both.

I have checked Apple Software Update on both, I have removed XCode and reinstalled the latest version, and I have installed the XCode command line tools with xcode-select --install
But nothing is really helping.

Anyone got any ideas on what might be not playing nicely on my OS?

Not sure if this is of any use as additional information but neither of these macs have had a full erase and clean install for at least 3 years when i did their SSD drives, so they have just been updated over and over again to get to this point, therefore there could be remnants of old stuff all over the place. It may be time for a fresh install.

You seen to have outdated configuration indeed. We try to install the node module sharp for image resizing but it fails with you.

Try completely removing it on your Mac

1 Like

Will give it a try and let you know.

Tried a few things, but haven’t got it working yet.

So I decided let me try this on my old MacBook Pro from 2012 that was reinstalled 6 months ago directly to Mac OS X Catalina.
Installed Wappler 3 beta 2
This one for some reason does not even get to the error part as it never gives this message

Here is a quick video of me making a new project.

Slight update on this, the above mac install of Wappler with the video, I got working.

Did system check first, installed the NodeJS that was always needed in there.
Tested, results as per video, not working, no confirmation dialogue and no server start stop controls.

I installed the xcode command line tools, by themselves without the full xcode application first with xcode-select --install
Tested by quitting Wappler, new project, did not work, no confirmation dialogue and no server start stop controls.

I installed xcode application next, started the app once installed allowed it to get its supporting modules etc.
Tested by quitting Wappler, new project, did not work, no confirmation dialogue and no server start stop controls.

Next I did a full reboot of my mac
Open Wappler, confirmation dialogue came up when switching projects, clicked yes, it ran through perfectly, got a green light showing a server start
App listening at: https://localhost:3000

Happy days.
Question for @George is can I only have the xcode command line tools without the full application, or do i need both for this to function correctly.

You did not had the experimental options on - those are still required during the beta

hmmm, I did turn on experimental options somewhere along the line, If I had that on from the start would I have not needed xcode at all, i mean is xcode installation a prerequisite for this to work.

And Xcode shouldn’t be needed indeed.

Also full docker support is coming tomorrow so you might not need to install anything but docker then. Even not node :smile:

2 Likes

Maybe thats half the issue, because I do not use docker at the moment I have not even installed docker desktop.

Docker is for the next beta…

2 Likes

Fixed the other 2 macs @George

System Check was
Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 15.37.55

Updated to 12.17.0 and now its all working.

Oh yes forgot to say that NodeJS needs to be at least 10.5 to all work.

Will add it to the system check - good one! :slight_smile: