Specifying a remote target for database queries

Hello! I’ve been using Wappler for a week now and have made several queries with my AWS RDS database. Today, I discovered the database connection was broken (it was working before).

I added the database again but now when I try to edit a query in the server action, I get the error:

You have to specify a remote target in project options and specify it first!

I am developing locally with the default Local target and a direct server connection. The existing queries still work but cannot be edited without getting the above error.

I am unsure of what I need to change. If you have a suggestion or if I can provide more info, please let me know!

I am using mac os and the Node server model.

Hi Brad, the database will not work on ‘local’ target. You need to be using a server. Select y our docker host as your target instead of local.

I’ve been using local for the past two weeks, is this new with the update? If so, is there a new tutorial for how to set up an Amazon RDS database connection?

It’s always been that you need a server in order to connect to a database. It’s impossible to run a database without a server. Server can be on your computer or remote.

In your target tray do you see the green dot?

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 5.07.31 PM

Perhaps by local you mean a local instance of Docker?

Yep, i’ve been using a local server. I haven’t done any docker config - does Wappler do it by default?

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 8.14.44 PM

I am using the direct database connection for RDS if that makes a difference!

Does anyone have any other ideas? This is a major blocker

@JonL is our resident Docker rock star. Maybe he can chime in?

As far as I know you can’t use docker on the local default target. Or at least you couldn’t in the past. I haven’t touched my targets for s long time so maybe that’s changed.

Can you paste screenshots of your target config and you Database Manager connection details?

I think the error is that in my database connections, the connection switched from direct to server. I am unable to switch it back to direct (if I do, when I leave the tab it is server again). How do I save this config option?

It seems that your issue is not docker related. You probably need to recreate connections or open a bug if you think it is one.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s docker related. I switched it back to direct and am getting the same error. How do I open up a bug report?

Just tag it in the bug category. I did it for you.
You probably want to edit your first post and add as much info as possible. OS, server model, etc.