Somebody implemented Swagger?

Did someone already implement https://Swagger.io to provide customers your own API Access to your project?

Iā€™ve used Strapi and Directus with Wappler before.

George mentioned using Server Connect here and I also mentioned a few other alternatives.

okay now I understand, of course it makes sense, as it is already there from wappler. I just thought about API Key, read/write demo examples and permission when thinking about swagger API. So as I just flew over the directus it is acting like a proxy in some way and places itself between your app and db. Iā€˜m wondering: Hows your experience with directus vs strapis?

If you need a public API with basic authentication just use built in Server Connect API for simplicity.

If you need something a little more advanced then use one of the others listed. Strapi and Directus are both good in their own ways, both lightweight, easy to use and currently maintained. It also gives you a CMS too. If this isnā€™t needed, you should look more at something like Rest-hapi

1 Like

Hi guys,
In case I decide to use Wappler as API ā€œbuilderā€ to provide third part APIs - How should I do to manage private API_key / Token to provide private access to the APIs for external devs?
Is it possible?
Using security provider / security restrict? How should I do to manage permissions/ access?
Thanks for your answer

1 Like

I havenā€™t done this yet but am about to soon. I was planning a separate DB table with users details (email address, name and unique API key based on a hash of their details). Then, any API calls coming in are passed over the DB, if the API key exists, API access is allowed, if not send back a 403 error.

Iā€™d advise against using Wapplers security provider as that would need a user to be logged in to your system if they want to use the API.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer!

1 Like