Some questions to understand better Wappler

Hello. I have been working on a project for the last 2 months using Bubble. Actually the MVP is fully-working. It’s a mobile android and iOS app + admin backend website.

We have finished the project (in bubble side) and now we started to look ways to convert our app to Android / iOS, and we are not having very good impressions using a Webviewer or weird wrappers.

We started to read about the limitations in Bubble + we don’t have access to the source code + the loading speed is pretty slow because we live in Europe and I think all the servers are US based we are really starting to thinking to leave Bubble and build our project in a real NATIVE solution that provides us the source-code like Wappler.

I have never used Wappler, and I’m very lost. I watched some videos and tutorials but still have a lot of questions.

For example: as said before our app it’s used for 99% of the users only on mobile devices, but also we need an admin backend that will be used on computers so when creating the project on Wappler which kind of device target we should choose? Website or mobile ? Because in bubble (this is very intuitive). You create a page and depending on the size of that page you decide what you want to create if website or mobile page.

Why I can’t find any video-guide how to start designing for mobile ? I have spent like 15-20 minutes and still can’t figure out how to conditionally change the background of the mobile landing page (index) depending on if it’s the first time the user runs the app or not.

Does Wappler deploy directly for the .apk/android bundle and the apple source code or Wappler generates an android studio / xcode projects ?

In Bubble my project has the following pages:

• redirector (MOBILE) (this page it’s the root for all the pages, when the app is opened it decides where to send the user to, if it’s logged and depending on his rank (user or admin) it sends it to one page or another. If the user isn’t logged in then just sends it to sign up page).
  • auth (MOBILE) (this page is where the user is sent when it’s not logged in the app. The user can login/sign up).
  • dashboard (MOBILE) (this is the main page for mobile users where “the magic happens” and the main heart of the app, basically where the user create their bookings, management, profile, settings etc).
  • reset pw (MOBILE) (page where the users are sent through reset link to reset their password).
  • admin (PC WEBSITE) (this page is used internally only for the admins).

As you can see our app doesn’t have index because for that we are running a WordPress site as landing page with the download app links.

How this would be built on Wappler? Any suggestions? Everything on mobile should be in one-page at Wappler?

Thanks.

You need a backend and an admin website site. For that you will choose a website project.
The mobile project which is a separate project will interact with the backend you created in your website project.

Because that is a specific scenario and creating a tutorial for that wouldn’t add value to the user base. But what you are looking for is the “Conditional Region” component which serves many purposes including yours.

Also, just FYI Wappler doesn’t provide a native solution for mobile. It uses Framework7 paired with App Connect(their frontend framework) and Cordova. It isn’t native but it provides a smooth UI.

Oh, I see. Actually the way we did built our app in Bubble is excellent in terms of smooth and UI. It looks like a legit native app built directly on Android studio :joy:

We have an investment round in like 1 month. Maybe the best solution would be building this app with custom code once we get the investment and not worth to spend more time and resources learning Wappler at this point of the project don’t you think?

There is a learning curve to Wappler. If you have an investment round in one month stick with Bubble until you secure it.

You already figured out the main issue with Bubble(like many of us before you).

Even if Bubble overcomed their performance limitations and spinned up a shared cluster in Europe it wouldn’t solve your main weakness. Not owning your IP. As a business that’s the worst mistake you can make IMHO.

So stick to Bubble for now. Secure your investment and hopefully we will see you in a month’s time.

2 Likes