SOAP call

I am stuck figuring this out, and I know this has been answered that wappler can’t deal with SOAP but is there any way around this and How do you incorporate a SOAP call in Wappler and also pass a payload to the SOAP service?

Is there an alternative way around this? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello Jean,
No, there is no way to use SOAP/XML in Wappler.
You need a JSON based data source/API.

I appreciate that SOAP/XML is out of date now, but there are lots of APIs which still use XML. I don’t suppose there would be any way of using something like this to convert XML to JSON and still use Wappler’s API features?

Hey Tom not sure what API you are trying to use but you maybe able to use something like Zapier or similar to work as a middleman to make the API JSON compliant

Thanks @datguru. I hadn’t thought of that but having a quick look at Zapier, the APIs had in mind don’t seem to be available. Also, it seems using Zapier would add a significant cost - which would be annoying if you were using it to access otherwise free services.

No problem Tom theres alot more than Zapier that may have what you need though: https://themeisle.com/blog/free-zapier-alternatives/

Thanks - that’s an interesting link. I shall do some investigating.

I’ve used a few APIs for years, for one or two specific purposes, but my experience of them is very limited. I’ve only experimented with Wappler’s API features in a very limited way so my understanding of the potential has a long way to go.

Actually with Wappler, you can do all the API calls and workflows straight in a Server Connect action. There is no need of additional services like Zappier, when you can do it all in Server Connect.

And if you need some automatic scheduling, you can just define some cron jobs on your server that call the server actions at the regular times you want.

Correct me if I’m wrong @George but I think this was for SOAP api calls which I believe isn’t possible with Wapplers built in api? Hence the suggestion for one of these api abstraction services, does Wappler now support SOAP calls as well?