Small bug - query connection appears as text input

Wappler Version : 4.4.3
Operating System : Mac Monterey (M1)
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: MySQL
Hosting Type: Local Docker

When adding a new query, I sporadically get the connection appearing as a text input rather than a select:

It doesn’t happen every time and as yet, I’m not sure of the common denominator that’s causing it. It is happening when I add a query (single/query/update/insert) and sometimes when I edit one. If I remove and re-add it often, but not always, works the next time…

If you can narrow it down when it exactly happens, it will be very useful.

I’ll try but it’s really hit & miss. Sometimes it happens when editing, move steps and come back and it works again. Sometimes it’s for new steps and then I have to remove because validation stops me from clicking away and back again.

Hey @george,
This is still happening in 4.6.3 (Mac M1, nodeJS project)

It’s pretty annoying as it means removing the step and adding - Could it be a timing thing? The property input rendering before the select options are ready?

I even get it sometimes when I close the query builder (even though it was present when clicking Insert options)

yes i have this problem too and closing the server connect file and reopening it does not fix the problem. Sometimes I have to reboot a few times. I couldn’t figure out what exactly caused the problem. This issue has existed for several versions.

Bump - this is still happening in 5.0.0 B1

Just had to add/remove an update step 3 times to get it to show the connection correctly

I have come across the same issue (v4.9.1). I have found that if I save the API, it will show an error and save it correctly with the db connection. I think this is an issue when using a local DB.

And occasionally in 5.0.0 Beta 3 … just can’t seem to nail down a cause. If I close the API file and reopen it then it seems fine.

I have remote dbs on a project and it happens

Are you both Mac For Apple Silicon or other versions?

I’m using MacOS Monterey with Intel chip.

I see this regularly also. I tend to restart Wappler and it sorts it out for a while. It’s random otherwise

Same here …

To work around this issue, add a new add action and delete it. I think the problem is solved because the connection field is reloaded in the meantime.

I have created a bug report before to fix the problem. However, I could not understand exactly in which case the problem occurred. We need to convey to George the exact situation in which this situation occurred . This way, it can identify the source of the problem. I still haven’t found the source of the problem but I found how to fix it temporarily :slight_smile:

This has been going on for a long time (still happening in W5 B8) and is getting more and more frustrating as it gets in the way of the workflow.

@george
Could it please be looked in to?

This should be now fixed in Wappler 5.0.3

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.