Nodejs Single file uploads instead of full deploy, no longer work

Wappler Version : 5.8.2
Operating System : Mac M1
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: MySQL
Hosting Type: AWS Docker

When you alter a SC API file of other file in a project, you were able to right click and choose upload to just update that one file without a full deployment. Since updating to 5.8.2 this no longer results in a change on the live file even though the Output says the file was successfully uploaded.

I added the uploadtest Set Value step

Performed the upload (definitely the correct target and the SC API has been saved!)

The upload test is not included:

I have noticed this on several projects and seems to be relevant to any file within a project

Just one thought that I actually get hit with, if you use replicas the individual upload process doesn’t work. I’m assuming because it does not upload to all replicas.

1 Like

Thanks Ken,
Unfortunately not in this case:

I always work with right click Upload option but always for non docker projects.
I thought Upload functions works as a simple FTP function to upload files, but not for replace or upload new files inside a docker container.

Upload files inside container looks like a more complicate scenario than that just FTP Upload a file, I think that with every changes a redeploy is need it.

I thought it was possible to upload individual files/folders:

1 Like

Same here: Single file upload to Production stopped working

any news on it? It was working fine on previous Wappler version…

1 Like

Bump!
Much needed a fix for this issue!

Bump!

Problem is getting worse: now even on Development environment if I create new page/new API workflow/new file added to project directory - I need to click Deploy every time.

If I don’t do that - it’s just an error:

{
"status": "404",
"message": "/test not found."
}

Addidg CMD [ "nodemon", "--legacy-watch", "./index.js" ] to Dockerfile for web - helped after couple of attempts.

@George @patrick Guys, please, we need a fix for this.

yes, I have updates to send to the server, but can’t deploy all the app!!
Guys, this can’t stop work suddenly!! @George @patrick @Teodor, help!

Yes we removed the usage of nodemon on live environments, as it was causing too much overhead and it is really meant for local development only. When using nodemon all the files are watched constantly for changes, which is really not required on live environments.

This however results indeed the fact that you can’t just upload a single file to your live environment, but you have to deploy to full app. But that is really want you should do - collect all the changes you want and after a good testing in your local development, just do a full deploy to the live server when you are ready.

This is much more controlled and secure way to go.

@George, if I’m updating a big part of my app and I’m not ready to do a full deploy, but need to upload a fix in one particular view? How should I do it?

This is the perfect use case for Git branches :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should that be informed from very beginning of this topic and not to wait 2 months for official answer?
I mean, guys, you killing one of the good feature without even notifying the community about this.

You mean that branches, that Wappler can’t sync with GIT?

Not sure what has this to do with my answer to this question:

which explains that you can have a feature branch and a small fix branch. Switch to the small fix branch and when the fix is done, merge with master branch and deploy.

If you need to sync local repo branches with remote repos, then create a feature request for that, but that’s a totally different topic.

Sorry Teodor, but I will answer with your answer: Not sure how branching helps deploy a single file.

It allows you to deploy your project with the only file changed is the one on this branch.

Please explain how this is possible with Wappler. First time I heard of this.