Should you be be able to emails when working on a local Node or Docker project?

Hey,

Just trying to set up the mailer settings today and can’t get it to work. Not sure if its a bug or issue on my end.

I’m only working on a local node project so wasn’t sure if using an SMTP mailer sever would work because nothing else to do with the project is using that host provider.

I’ve tried to with gmail settings and also the mail server settings from a webhost i have for an old website.

These are the details provided by my webhost, and work fine for setting up in Outlook etc.

I’ve also tried with unsecure port 587 with no luck.

I try to test it just through loading the sever action and send an email to my gmail/yahoo account but keep getting an error:

"status":"500","code":"EENVELOPE","message":"Can't send mail - all recipients were rejected: 550-Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client.

So should you be able to have a local node project but still send mail using an external SMTP client/webhost?

Sorry to add to your post again @Philip_J - having the same issue as well today, getting a similar but not precisely the same error:

"{“status”:“500”,“code”:“EENVELOPE”,“message”:“Mail command failed: 550 Unauthenticated senders not allowed”,

I’m attempting to use SMTP on a local NodeJS project, SMTP host is Sendgrid - I’ve tried on SSL and non SSL port’s, too. Triple checked the settings, all are correct.

Well that’s at least confirmation it might be an issue/bug.

I’ve stopped looking at this but sounds like its a bug… probably need to raise it. If you don’t do it i will later on.

Raised this in bugs. Let me know if you find a solution in the meantime, and I’ll do the same.

Will do