Should 'Server Default' with Mailer work with Digital Ocean?

I am following the Password Reset Functionality doc and get the following error when submitting the password reset request:

{"status":"500","code":"ENOENT","message":"spawn sendmail ENOENT","stack":"Error: spawn sendmail ENOENT\n    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:267:19)\n    at onErrorNT (internal/child_process.js:469:16)\n    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:21)"}

I haven’t send emails before, so I’m guessing the issue lies in the Setup Mailer.

What is going wrong here? The set up or should I not use ‘Server Default’ when using a Digital Ocean droplet?

My set up:

(using NodeJS and remote digital ocean droplet)

Have you gotten email to send out from another page before? Is this the first time? I think if you use server default you would have had to setup the smtp configuration in the config.web file? I’m just speculating but more than likely you have to configure your outgoing SMTP from your mailer.

1 Like

@baub Thanks for the input.

I am not sure what the server default refers to but you’re saying it takes the config from the config.web file and that would make sense to me.

I’ve got it working by simply selecting SMTP and filling in the info there. Thanks!

yeah thats usually the best bet. glad you got it working.

1 Like