Sharing code between Wappler projects?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with sharing custom code between Wappler? I am currently running into a situation where I would probably like to share custom Wappler components and potentially even server side modules between projects.

Basically I have to separate git repositories containing a Wappler project each and i would like to share code between them.

Does anyone have any experience with this and if so, how did you structure this?

Hi Anders,
We used Wappler to build our repository of snippets and specific Actions/Modules (Security Providers, Mailers, etc). We simply reference it and copy and paste, or download directories (stored on S3). Works for us, but as for tighter integration am not certain. Was talk of a snippets library akin to the old Dreamweaver style, many requests, but nothing came of them (too much other stuff going on in the HQ I believe so not too high on the priority list).

However you can use any Actions in other Projects by simply selecting the Project when you pick your Server Actions, may run in to some CORS issues, but generally works well, so could in theory set up a kind of repository in this way, ie a Project that contains your code, and reference as necessary…?

Yes I was thinking of something more “tight” as you put it. It’s the copying and pasting I would like to get rid of.

Currently I’m considering just using git submodules for custom components and server-side modules. I think it might be the most convenient solution for my use case. Maybe it could be used for server actions and the like as well.