SFTP on Windows

Well not really Wappler doesn’t uses Git yet - but with the installation of just for Windows some essential tools are included that you need to have for good SFTP - like SSH.

Microsoft recently also included those in the latest Windows 10 update, but those don’t work that well and are a bit broken :slight_smile:

So by installing Git for Windows - you are just installing the right tools that Wappler can rely on.

If you were on a Mac or Linux you wouldn’t have this problem at all as those tools are there native included.

Is there a guide for this workaround?
I can not do an SFTP connection / GIT / Wappler.
If I understand correctly, is that possible with GIT? As?
I struggled through master & banch and SSH but I did not manage an SFTP connection.
You get every access to the test server to show that.
Currently I pay both DMX subscriptions. Those for Dreamweaver and Wappler. I like Wappler though
I have to make a decision. Happy for Wappler.

I think you understood George wrong. You setup the SFTP connection within Wappler and use the upload/download directly in Wappler. But Wappler relies on some external programs for it, these are not standard available under Windows and by installing GIT it installs these programs.

And here is a doc for it Git for Windows Installation

Thanks, that makes things clearer.
I thought there was more to it than installing and setting up GIT.
No, but it does not work anyway. Not even after the third installation of GIT.
Not even with an SSH key from Putty. (they work in Filezilla and Dreamweaver)
So no way for my Wappler to create an SFTP connection. (another is not possible under PleskOnyx)
So I come back to the first part of my posting.
Unchanged condition, no possibility, so not solved. :frowning:
But it works in Dreamweaver & Filezilla also on Windows.
Thanks for your help.

Did you follow the installation of GIT from the doc? It requires a custom installation, just pressing next to each question will not work. It requires the commandline tools to be installed.

Yes I have, but I have not activated the optional checkboxes of the new GIT version (Beta).
Is there a test option?
I am irritated by the / cd /?
There is something wrong … in the FTP settings? Ports?
(execl(/bin/sh) failed: No such file or directory)

Important is that you have installed the optional Unix tools, see the second screenshot at Git for Windows Installation.

Red - important - installed :slight_smile:

1 Like

New status but now it’s over.
It may be due to the security packages of the Plesk Insatallation.
Now I can create an FTP connection. Unfortunately, the connection to the database is not.
Anyway, it probably needs some updates.
Too bad. Regards Werner

Could you please be a little more detailed explaining your issue? And if it is different than the initial issue, please open a new topic.

Hello Theodor;
The post declares a new variant of the infinite history of this attempt to use Wappler.
I can now connect to FTP, but no connection to the MYSQL database.
As previously read. It always goes in FileZilla and Dreamweaver.
Unfortunately not with Wappler.
Local connections on the PC are no problem.
What details do you want?

Your mysql database connection has nothing to do with FileZilla …

Please post a new topic explaining what is wrong with the Database connection - steps to reproduce, error messages (if any) etc. as detailed as possible.

The FTP connection works without complaint.
A connection to the Mysql database is not possible.
Could I read log files somewhere?
The connection data works in Dreamweaver.
Why not in Wappler?
VPS web server: Linux 14.0
Plesk Onyx
Version 17.8.11 Update #30

Best Regards Werner

Well as the error says the address of the my awl can’t be found… what have you entered as MySQL connection properties below? Can you post a screenshot of that as I can’t see it behind the error message

Thanks for reply George;
You are talking about this?

Yes - leave the port empty and try again

Just the same :frowning:
But i sent an Message;

Thanks for the last update. The connection works now!
Great!
Greetings Werner

1 Like