Setup of Docker Connection with Wappler

Hi,
Trying to get Docker and Wappler set up to work locally. Docker seemed to install correctly. Wappler seems to have installed correctly. Now I am following the you-tube video for connecting them and I got a good connection. But when I attempted to “launch all services” the process errored out with:

Bringing all services up …
Pulling db (mysql:8.0)…
8.0: Pulling from library/mysql
ERROR: no matching manifest for windows/amd64 10.0.18362 in the manifest list entries
Error Launching Services!

What am I missing? I have the target set up per the video (I think)
Please assist. I’m excited to get this functioning.
jaydigital

You’re not stating which video you are following, so I’ll assume that it is this (excellent) one

In that case, my only input is to ask if your operating system is Windows 10 Pro. If not, then for the moment you will not be able to run Docker.

1 Like

There are work-arounds for this Ben. Youtube Docker Windows 10 Home etc. If you are running Windows 10 Home (not Pro) that is… Suppose you could also spin up a VM running Linux and install Docker… Should be fine I’d imagine? @George @Teodor

Thanks Ben, Dave - Yes I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro - just for this project.
Docker seems to be running correctly and I am getting a successful connection with Docker per the video.

1 Like

Testing Docker Connection …
Client:
Debug Mode: false

Server:
Containers: 1
Running: 0
Paused: 0
Stopped: 1
Server Version: 19.03.5
Storage Driver: windowsfilter
Windows:
Logging Driver: json-file
Plugins:
Volume: local
Network: ics internal l2bridge l2tunnel nat null overlay private transparent
Log: awslogs etwlogs fluentd gcplogs gelf json-file local logentries splunk syslog
Swarm: inactive
Default Isolation: hyperv
Kernel Version: 10.0 18362 (18362.1.amd64fre.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.657)
OSType: windows
Architecture: x86_64
CPUs: 12
Total Memory: 31.8GiB
Name: Johns-Envy-Desktop
ID: MBYE:5SQN:MOLJ:IJLS:N5BS:HBKH:XR6P:VAH4:B4AB:EKLM:MGFP:IMFS
Docker Root Dir: C:\ProgramData\Docker
Debug Mode: true
File Descriptors: -1
Goroutines: 36
System Time: 2020-02-27T05:42:21.903783-06:00
EventsListeners: 3
Registry: https://index.docker.io/v1/
Labels:
Experimental: false
Insecure Registries:
127.0.0.0/8
Live Restore Enabled: false
Product License: Community Engine

Docker Connection Successful!

I also am getting the following error on attempting to launch services:

Starting all services up …
Starting db …
Starting web …
Starting db … failed
Starting web … failed
ERROR: No containers to start
Error Starting Services!
Start sample files copy…
Sample files copied successfully!

Bringing all services up …
Pulling db (mysql:8.0)…
8.0: Pulling from library/mysql
ERROR: no matching manifest for windows/amd64 10.0.18362 in the manifest list entries
Error Launching Services!

Not sure how to add “containers” and “db”. I thought Docker would add these as necessary.

Thanks for any directions - I’m stuck in place. Not a server side guy. No experience with Docker.

For anyone else looking at this (this video is excellent btw) - I actually found the answer to my problem in the next video located here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7UWs6CVOaw

Basically I had docker installed correctly but didn’t realize that you had to hit the ‘Deploy’ button in order for the container to be created. I assumed the Connect button in project settings created the container.