Setting up a login page

I’m probably missing something obvious here, but I’m working through the docs on setting up a login page:

I can’t seem to find the Server Actions shown here. My screen looks a bit different, so don’t know if it’s a version change or what:

Can someone explain Step 1 in more detail?
Thanks, Dan

1 Like

Hi…

In recent version of Wappler all the providers (S3, Security, DB configurations) get new configurations.

In example:
Before in each API action, you had to add the database connection. Now you just add dB connection in globals and will works for every api action.

Same for Security provider.

Before you had to add inside the api action.

So in the login page you had before:

DB connection
Security Provider
Login Component

Now in new Wappler release you simply set up the Db and the security provider in the Globals sections.

Then add new api file and inside the api file you need just to add the login component, because DB connection and security provider has already in Globals.

In login action check the security provider is selected

Sorry I m on my mobile not at computer cannot send you screenshots

Hope to clarify

Roberto

EDIT: check the link:

That is now called API. This was changed a few versions ago.
The Globals changes shared by Roberto are another set of things that will not match with many old docs.

Back to this after getting sidetracked for a few days. Thank you both for your reply. I figured it must have been some change along the way. Would be nice if they would update the docs so newbies like me wouldn’t have problems.

I’ll continue and see if I can figure the rest out.

Thanks again for your help.
Dan

2 Likes