Set Value - Cannot Concatenate More Than One Value

Wappler 2.9.1

I want to use a Set Value statement to create a string which looks like this:

Payment PAYMENT_NUMBER (DATE), PAID_BY_NAME by PAYMENT_METHOD - £AMOUNT

But each word in capital letters is replaced by a $_SESSION variable.

However with Experimental set on, Wappler will not allow me to select more than one session (or post) variable in the value field.

So I can use more than one session variable if I hand edit the value field with the pencil icon, so that seems okay…

… but then if I were to click back on the lightning icon another time, all but one of the session variables I have edited by hand are deleted.

So the bug is that the lightning icon does not allow more than one variable to be specified and deletes extra ones if they have been added using the pencil icon.

Also…

1. You cannot begin or end the value with a space, which can make some concatenations very difficult.
  2. If you place a space as the first character (e.g. [space1] in: [space1]for[space2]{{variable1}}), then delete it, sometimes Wappler deletes the variable that follows ({{variable1}})

So I guess, in summary, Set Value needs some love and attention in experimental mode.

To put it in another way, all of the things I describe work beautifully when assigning a value directly in a Database Insert, but work in the strange way described when assigning to a Set Value.