Set Session value form url parameter on page load

I am getting extremely frustrated with what what was once simple tasks in Dreamweaver and dare I say web assist plugins, to now being really confusing with Wappler.
For this instance all i am trying to do is create a session value from a url parameter on page load.
Please can someone clarify how to do this. There doesn’t appear to be a tutorial that clearly explains this. plus most of the tutorials I have seen aren’t even up to date with the current version of wappler.

Thanks in advance!

Are you referring to a browser session or server session? And what are you trying to use this session for?

Before now @Teodor I have never known there to be two types to be honest.
What is typical usage of these?
For this particular task. the session is created and gets it value from the url parameter of the current page. When the pages form is submitted it is re-directed to another page with a form where the session value is used in a hidden input field.

Then you simply need a browser session.

Here’s a simple example of how sessions can be used to pass values from one page to another:

Nothing has changes in the way sessions work, even the UI is from an old Wappler version…

In your case you need to:

1. To be able to pick the query params in the UI you need to define them. Select App > Define Query Parameters and add the query parameter you want to use (id is an example name, so add the one you need):

2. On the page add the session storage manager, used to manage sessions and click define session storage items:

3. Create your session:

4. As you want to set it on page load, then you need to use the onload dynamic event. Select App in app structure > Dynamic Events > App > Load and select Set session. For the session value use the query parameter you created:

That’s all, the session will be set on load.
On the next page you add a session manager and add the session there as well. After that your session will be available to pick as a value (same as the tutorial i posted)

I will try this out thanks @Teodor. Any chance you can take a look at my other topic that I started this morning regarding validation on multi-step forms? Cheers!

Where is Dynamic Events > App > Load? Has it been removed? I am also trying to set a session variable upon page load. Should be very simple to do…

Never mind, found it