Server-side validation message not displayed on page

This is the message on the Bootstrap site:

We are aware that currently the client-side custom validation styles and tooltips are not accessible, since they are not exposed to assistive technologies. While we work on a solution, we’d recommend either using the server-side option or the default browser validation method.

When a required form input has not been populated, we used to get a warning message in previous versions of Bootstrap. The latest version of Bootstrap merely highlights the first non-validated field. This is not a great problem.

The problem arises when stopping an email from being entered twice into the database using Validate. If the case arises (duplicate email) then the form is not submitted. But there is no message to warn the user of what has happened.

Does anybody (@Teodor) have any ideas on a workaround.

How do you validate this and how is the validate step in server action set up?

Are you on the beta or stable extensions channel?

Sorry, Beta.

I just tested this and the validation message from the server-side validation step appears on the page:

Can you inspect the input with the dev tools and see if there’s an invalid-feedback div created?

No, I do not see an invalid-feedback. Please give me a moment to try on a new page. I’ll get back to you.

Is the form validator script included on your page?

I think that you hot the nail on the head. Will check now/

OK, I see what has happened. I exported the validation from the server as in

This added the validation fields on the front end, but did not include the validation. All is now well.

Thanks again Teodor/

1 Like