server-Hosting

Hey Everyone,
I read below comment on youtube -
“”
I use Wappler and your right more learning curve but the back end functionality is impressive. Hosting is difficult cause it involves hosting the NodeJS server as well, so a basic hosting packages wont work, you need to get a VPS, your own virtual private server and load everything there… But Wappler
contains internal functionality to make it easier… Your review was spot on."
“”"

Do Wappler require VPS hosting as per above comment?

No, not at all.
If you build you app in wappler-php you can upload it to any cheap shared hosting.

If you want to build it on nodeJS it is a little more complicated. You could go with a VPS and Docker (Machines). You could use PaaS like Heroku or DigitalOcean App Platform where you can host a app without server maintainance. But there are also shared hosting companies that have cpanel-nodeJS-support like namecheap, A2, fastcomet etc. (but maybe some incompatibly issues).

For more info read https://docs.wappler.io/t/about-the-hosting-and-cloud-platforms-category/22091 or some of my latests posts:

1 Like

Its not a requirement, there are many many ways you can do it.

Php, ASP, etc. i.e. all the traditional server models Wappler supports can be hosted with any standard hosting provider that uses standard cPanel, Plesk type dashboards, with php, mysql, apache, mssql, IIS etc.

For NodeJS, you can also use these same hosting providers but you need to make sure they allow you to host with them, and there is a tiny bit more setup, which is why a VPS is easier as you can go and turn on the functionality you need in WHM, which then allows you to use it in cPanel.

For me personally with NodeJS projects I rather just use Docker hosting, as it is hardly even 5 minutes to get it all setup and going once you are used to how it works, I do the Digital Ocean setup in probably less than 5 minutes because i use it all the time, so know exactly what I need, but even when just starting out it was pretty easy to fumble through a bit.

1 Like

To add to Paul’s comment, we have used (and still using in some cases) to deploy from Wappler using:

1. FTP [Shared Server] (PHP, NodeJS, ASP)
  2. Docker [VPS] (PHP, NodeJS)
  3. Git-Docker [VPS] (PHP, NodeJS)

So, like advertised, there is no lock-in on how you want to deploy your application with Wappler.

1 Like

Using pre-built in-to Wappler VPS providers with Docker - easiest way of hosting.

1 Like

cPanel and Plesk both support NodeJS on shared servers. but not all providers allow for it. chemicloud is one of shared hosting providers that gives NodeJS hosting option.

2 Likes

as a non dev I found that hosting on ASW with docker is the more easy part … everything else is not easy and complicated to understand based on the current documentation but for hosting and deploy : easy.

2 Likes

Do you know if there is any significant difference between all these hosters that offer cpanel based nodeJS hosting (besides the obvious pricing, RAM, disk-space etc)?
I guest when it comes to compatibility, ease of use/setup they should all be the same since they all use the same cpanel modules, right? Or are there any things to look out for?

Support is primary thing to look out for. Can vouch for good support of chemicloud.
Have switched providers in past. Settled for them for 2+yrs now.

2 Likes