Server Connect Repeat Statements Empty on Remote Server

Following the 6.4.2 update I’ve noticed that Server Connect repeats stopped working. They repeat but are empty/don’t contain the records in the repeat expression (e.g. database query results). I’ve confirmed the queries are working by outputting them so it’s not a database connection issue. What’s really strange though is that this only happens on two remote servers (digital ocean droplets) and not on my local docker desktop environment. I will do more investigation before filing a bug report but wanted to see if anyone else had run into something similar following the update today.

Sounds like the same here

Indeed it’s the same issue and prefixing with $value inside the repeat did the trick, but it seems like a bug. Thanks for connecting this post Ken!

Hi Frank,

I’m running v6.4.1 and I’m running into the same problem. I have now tried to deploy the project on different remote servers (Linode, Vultr and DO) and I’m getting the same result.

Adding a prefix with $value inside the repeat did resolve the issue. But there are tens of repeat steps with 100s of data bindings, so it’s not an easy fix to apply. The project is running correctly on the localhost and a remote server, so, there’s no pattern that can be identified.

I’m in the same boat as you, evaluating whether to wait or update and test 100s of references. In my case I’m running on DO one thing I noticed is that the default options in Wappler will create a container running Ubuntu 22.04 while DO will create one with version 23.1, which is what my containers are running. Curious what the Wappler team has to say.