Sequence Number in Bootstrap 4 Table Generator

I suggest you learn a little more about Wappler and then you might have a better idea of what Wappler should or should not do. If at some point you make any useful suggestions, you’ll find the Wappler developers very receptive to sensible suggestions.

I did, and I have been evaluating Wappler for this 7 days (5 days left). That is why I suggested Wappler should use the simple code to produce the sequence number.

Again, it’s very funny to see $index as an independent variable (not related to any server connect), and in the other side, offset cannot be used independently. It must be related to one or some server connect.

Imagine now if developer use server connect from the Server Actions panel, and then define again from App Connect, and he will use another query state manager, Wappler give too many possibilities to define the real working offset solution to display the sequence number.

If you can simplify the code, why did you give the possibility to make developer get confused by doing a trial and error?

The simple solution should be:

{{$offset + $index + 1}}

No - this would not be a good idea. The value for the offset can be dynamic. It may not even be called ‘offset’:

You could control the ‘offset’ in different ways, with buttons and variables or from users settings stored in a database. In most cases it may be used in a particular way, but Wappler gives you the power to do things as you want or need to as a developer. As I suggested, get to know Wappler better before deciding how you think it should work. After 7 days you’ve hardly scratched the surface.

I think you did not get the idea I proposed. The independent $offset variable is only for the Bootstrap 4 Table Generator to help for displaying the sequence number. If you want to overide this variable dynamically, then it’s fine. You can still use query.offset from Input Parameters from server action. This will overide the $offset variable, so that it will dynamically change the offset of the current table.

By the way, thanks for your suggestion to wait after 7 days. I can actually comprehend Wappler only for 2 days. And I usually make the situation to be simple.

If you can simplify a feature, why did you provide the complicated code only for displaying the sequence number in the current table?

I don’t think you got the idea I proposed. I wasn’t suggesting you wait 7 days; I was suggesting you wait rather longer. By all means ask questions, but it’s not likely you’ll come up with ideas for improvements to Wappler until you understand it better.

$index
It’s not that complicated.