Selecting App and Server Connect options

I’m sure it used to be the case that we could select an item with a simple tab+enter. Eg in App Connect, I could enter a few characters, tab to the required item and press Enter, so 2 key strokes would select the BS 4 Generator in this case:

To do the same thing now requires 7 key strokes, because I have to tab through all the options indicated above. I can’t imagine this would often/ever be useful. Could the tab key go straight to the first item found?

Similarly with Server Connect. Eg it would be useful to type a few characters, tab+enter to insert a comment:

… but again, it’s necessary to tab through all the icons on the right.

(Perhaps it would be useful if we could categorise requests with a priority. This one is very low priority, and I would want it implemented only if it took a few minutes. It may not even be worth mentioning such requests, but on the other hand, it would be an improvement - I think.)

You can actually use spacial navigation ie arrow keys. So just press key down to go to the icons from the search field and there you can also go all sides with key left, right, up and down

Much easier to use than just tabs.

Spacial navigation is actually becoming a web standard as well but not all browsers support it yet.

We added support for it already last year or so.

Great - thanks. That’s very helpful, but…

Perhaps I’m doing something wrong, but when I type ‘gen’ and press the down arrow key, the selection goes to the second option, not the first - and then pressing the left arrow key doesn’t select the first item either (shift+tab does, but that’s not ideal):

Using my Server Connect example, again the second item is selected, but this time the left arrow key works. In each case, the tab method was quicker (but as I say, I could be doing something wrong).

Another anomaly, it seems, if I type ‘form’, then down arrow key, everything is selected initially:

… then more key presses are needed before anything can be selected.