Selecting - API 'repeat' responses - in a dropdown menu

Hi @Teodor ,

Following on from your solution yesterday, I tried ‘similar’ for some other ‘repeat’ items in a dropdown. I think this time I am placing elements of the code in the wrong place. I do get repeats - but again the same repeating value, not the different values of the API response data.

the code is below with some visual reference.

• i have repeated the: is=“dmx-repeat” - menu and menu item. I know one is wrong,

• i have attempted different code configurations - but it gets really messy and I don’t get any progress, apart from the repeat same data.

• as you can see - my attempts at code are quite messy. :sweat_smile:

Thanks

<div class="container" <div class="dropdown" id="defectcode_repeat_API">
    <div class="dropdown" id="repeat2">
        <button id="dropdown1" class="btn btn-secondary dropdown-toggle" type="button" data-bs-toggle="dropdown" aria-haspopup="true" aria-expanded="false">
            Dropdown button
        </button>
        <div class="dropdown-menu" is="dmx-repeat" id="repeat2" aria-labelledby="dropdown1" dmx-bind:repeat="api_GET_AQL_report_OK.data.data.defectCodes">
            <a class="dropdown-item" is="dmx-repeat" internal id="dropdown_defect_1" dmx-bind:repeat="api_GET_AQL_report_OK.data.data.defectCodes[0].defect_code" </a>
                <a class="dropdown-item" internal id="dropdown_defect_2">{{api_GET_AQL_report_OK.data.data.defectCodes[0].defect_code}}</a>
        </div>

</div>
</div>
  • as you can see - my attempts at code are quite messy.

What are you trying to achieve here? Have a single dropdown displaying all the dynamic values?

Yes - simply too display the values of the API response.

Not sure how did you manage to generate this code, but you simply need:

<div class="dropdown">
    <button id="dropdown1" class="btn btn-secondary dropdown-toggle" type="button" data-bs-toggle="dropdown" aria-haspopup="true" aria-expanded="false">
        Dropdown button
    </button>
    <div class="dropdown-menu" is="dmx-repeat" id="repeat2" aria-labelledby="dropdown1" dmx-bind:repeat="api_GET_AQL_report_OK.data.data.defectCodes">
        <a class="dropdown-item">{{defect_code}}</a>
    </div>
</div>

Thanks @Teodor
Seems to be working now! I think was a slow response from the api… so I wasn’t sure !

Thanks again.

@Teodor - how do get this ‘repeat properties’ - only seems to come up with your code on the table repeat from. yesterday.

Curious - seems a function to have to :slight_smile:

well, when you select the row and open the Convert To dropdown, you select - Repeat Children, then you will see its properties.