Security Provider - Users and Permissions Sync

Would it be possible to add a ‘keep this in sync’ option to the Users & Permissions section of the Security Provider?

I am finding it frustrating to have to make the same change in both development and production environments and has led to production not working properly with SC actions returning forbidden for authorised users. I forgot, and it’s down to my process, but still also duplicating work by having to put the same thing in twice.

I can’t think of why you would need separate permissions per target but appreciate there may be some specific use case, but offering a switch to turn on/off makes sense in my mind.

Until this is done, you can probably take a look at the security provider json to copy settings from one target to another.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s what I’m doing but it involves remembering every time a change is made - it is an unnecessary opportunity for mistakes to happen and extra time taken to complete, albeit only a few moments.

bump

Could something be done with this? It’s been a while and still causes problems/adds unnecessary steps to workflow

bump

This one hit me again today. Made a change in dev for a release about a month ago, tested and all was fine. And actually, it tested fine all the way through to production because the change only impacted a very rare use case.

Today, that very rare use case reported a problem, and it was simply because the dev security provider does not copy to staging/production like the rest of the code.

There must be a better way to handle all the Globals that keeps it consistent across targets.

Just giving this another gentle nudge because it keeps rearing its head as a PITA

1 Like

@george - something that could be looked at for W6? :pray:

1 Like