Security Provider Login Problem PHP

I make a

> login.php

page.
If it finds the Username & Password values in the table “userlogindetails” it rdirects to the formpage.php.
Groovy. Done this successfully often but not within months & pandemic & Red Moon rising. Before Actions became API.

Now, with correct credentials I get these –

<dmx-serverconnect id="serverconnect1" url="dmxConnect/api/login.php"></dmx-serverconnect><div is="dmx-browser" id="browser1"></div>
<header>
<div class="d-flex"></div>
</header>
<div class="container">
  <form is="dmx-serverconnect-form" id="loginform" method="post" action="dmxConnect/api/login.php" dmx-generator="bootstrap5" dmx-form-type="vertical">
<div class="row gx-3">
<div class="col">
<div class="form-group mb-3">
  <label for="inp_email">Email</label>
  <input type="text" class="form-control" id="inp_email" name="email" aria-describedby="inp_email_help" placeholder="Enter Email">
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="row gx-3">
<div class="col">
<div class="form-group mb-3">
  <label for="inp_story_collector_id">Password</label>
  <input type="password" class="form-control" id="inp_story_collector_id" name="story_collector_id" aria-describedby="inp_story_collector_id_help" placeholder="Enter Password">

The Security Provider was set up like this:
Okay, heck with it. Screenshot doesn’t load.

And the ACTION for my login.php page was simply dropping the Security Provider itself into API “login”. And running the Conversion “Make login form” on my login.php used these post values . . .

I have tried this both ways – resetting the $_POST username and password fields to the literal values I set in the Security Provider (mapping the username and password values to the actual column values in my
“userlogindetails” table)
and leaving the default $_POST.username & $_POST.password alone, since they were already correctly passed in the Security Provider itself.

Does anyone have the patience to see the error of my ways?

are you sure this is correct… the id and password the same??

Im not sure if making the Identity and the Password the same field…
Normally I use the Identity as “id” and the password … well as the password …(*the column in your database)

A status 401 response means incorrect credentials, so are you sure you mapped all database fields correctly? The story_collectior_id for the password seems strange.

In this test I set up identity and password to be the same because in my tests I could easily remember what the password number was along with my own email address.

ok… sure… you can do as you want… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: but the reason why i say … just try… to use the “id” for testing… as this might result in it working… as your password might be hashed and then the identity might be to long…

so just to “test” … Identity = id…

aslo… what happens when you login? does it direct to another page? or reload the data on the page??? as the form does nothing once you submit it…???

dmx-on:success="browser1.goto('thepageitneedstogoto.php')"

why is this in your header??? Remove this … as this will be done with your form…
As its now trying to login when the page loads… with no post data… remove and try again…

<dmx-serverconnect id="serverconnect1" url="dmxConnect/api/login.php"></dmx-serverconnect>

Shouldn’t the name for the password input be password?

and the same with username … using POST.username… but the form is… email… …

maybe just delete it all … and start from scratch… :wink:

I have set up a new reference table to slavishly follow the “rules” :nerd_face:

I just know that there is flexibility here.

MEANWHILE I can no longer ADD A SERVER CONNECT on my Form Insert.php

This is what I expect to happen with the Server Connect Properties ready to go and fill in.

However, today this is what I get everytime I click on APP and Select Data/Server Connect CLICK –

The ONLY way I can get another Server Connect on my page is to manually add it into the head code. But then I cannot use it to Generate a Table –

Instead of this usual variety of components …

I only get this –

Have you heard of this problem before?
I keep this page Saved all the time.
Mac1 Wappler 4.8.2

maybe… just go back to the basics… the logic remains the same…

Famous quote I hear OFTEN. The login security thing I believe I have solved. But now I have new ones. Thank you for your time and patience!