Searching within a specific folder

I’m trying to use find/replace within a folder, using the Find in Project feature. I’ve tried various combinations to specify the folder, eg:
/folder/
/sitename/folder/
C:/wamp64/www/sitename/folder/
file:///C:/wamp64/www/sitename/folder/
I’ve also tried with backward slashes and with asterisks at the beginning and end of the path etc…

Does anyone know how to specify the ‘File/directory pattern’ - for folder names? (Specifying file names works with asterisks.) I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Does anyone know how to do this or if it’s possible?

‘File/directory pattern’ is displayed in the filter field and works for files. Obviously it looks as if it will work for folders but I don’t know if it’s not yet implemented or if I just don’t know the format (sample attempts in previous message). The search is very convenient and extremely fast. It would be useful to be able to specify the folder.

The file/directory pattern use glob patterns and are relative to the project root folder. So using *.js would search only js files. use css/* to search in the css folder and use css/** to search in the css folder and it’s subfolders.

1 Like

Tlhanks Patrick - that’s really helpful.

I’ve just been doing some quick experimenting and the search is very powerful - eg it’s easy to specify files of a certain type within folders starting with certain characters etc. - and it’s really quick.