Search, find, replace improvements

I’d like to have an improved search, find, replace functionality. For bigger projects the current implementation is not really appropriate:

• No find/replace in open files
  • In project search: no results for multiline content
  • In project search: not properly working find/replace in subfolders

More suggestions are very welcome!

Is this planned or in work?

Something very simple: to use a find/replace feature generally (and in any text editor), I would expect to be able to:
(1) use a shortcut key (2) type (3) press Enter.
This is not possible in Wappler. It requires the mouse. A small thing perhaps, and I expect it would be fairly easy to implement.

Yes, Any plans for this. Wappler has been great so far but this feature is really a MUST for a code editor. Every other one I’ve ever used has this feature and I’ve needed it countless times. I hate to have to go back and forth between Sublime and Wappler but this feature and a few other minor missing features are just so helpful. :frowning:

P.S. to clarify I’m talking mostly about the find/replace in open files feature.

Any news on this?

Are there any plans to improve this? It’s quite time consuming to switch to other software just to find&replace code inside folders and/or find multi-linie code.

I think these functions are a must have in such a development tool.

1 Like

Will see what it possible, have nothing planned for this at the moment.

The multi-line is with our current implementation not possible, we don’t load the whole file, we do the search streaming on the file per line. Our current implementation is fast and uses very low memory.

The search already goes through subfolders, what are you missing here?

The search already goes through subfolders, what are you missing here?

from what I see is if I add subfolders in the File/ directory pattern and search its files Wappler doesn’t find anything.

The multi-line is with our current implementation not possible, we don’t load the whole file, we do the search streaming on the file per line. Our current implementation is fast and uses very low memory.

Find&Replace multi-line code is so important in bigger projects. I do wonder that this isn’t possible …

This thread might help.

1 Like

Thanks TomD