Search By Number

I am trying to set up a table search using a number field but whilst it does search fine the initial results on page load does not show all the database returns.

Hi,
What does your initial page load show and how does your database query filtering looks like?

Hi Teodor - I am filtering on the search text field and that brings in no results, when I put a number in the search field the result is good to the database field number is the filter is working fine but I do not show all records when the page loads. I want to show all records initially with the ability to search on the database table ID field that has to b a integer. If I use a text field instead it works fine. It is because I cannot use contain I think as that is not available to me on a number field.

Can you please post a screenshot of your query filters?

Hi

This works fine as a filter but when the page loads I have an empty table.

Just set the get variable as a value in the condition field (the one on top next to AND/OR switch). This means - run the filter only when the get var has a value.
So all the records will be shown initially.

I have tried that a few times but that get field will not save in the top field as show on the top by the AND/OR section, I am adding it via the data picker and it stays but it does not seem to save.

Yes you are supposed to select it by using the data picker, but what do you mean it does not save?

Hi Teodor - Yes I am using the data picker at the top one in the “Conditions” panel but when I then when I click OK, then save the server connect it does not retain that value as when I go back into the “Conditions” panel it is no longer there. See attached

Hope that explains it

That’s really strange.
I just tested it again and it works perfectly fine here.

Are you using the latest version of Wappler?

Yes I have 1.6.3. I am confused also but I have not tried populating that field before but have been in and out of that panel to check as it does seem like a local issue to my machine or something I am doing wrong (usually the case!). Have started again with a new action file but with the same result, it will not hold anything in that field, if I use the data picker to populate the Conditions field as shown earlier, then click OK and then go straight back into the Query Builder, Conditions the field is empty.