Sample application source bundle?

hey guys

how do I access and download the ‘sample application source bundle’

just trying to set up my Amazon beanstalk hosting environment

I know very little about beanstalks except for what Jack did :laughing:

Therefore I would go to https://docs.aws.amazon.com/elasticbeanstalk/latest/dg/applications-sourcebundle.html for more info.

Having said that, if there is great interest for AWS, maybe there should be an add on similar to Visual Studio. Count me out though.

1 Like

I’ll explain my position in the most layman terminology I can possibly muster

I am using Wappler to build my web app. Ok. Good.

I am trying to find a way to display my web app to the world

How do I do that

I am glad for the layman terminology, this helps this ageing mind to comprehend the situation.

May I make the assumption that you are wanting to deploy a Docker machine? In which case the following video made by our friend Brian English (@Hyperbytes) will help you: https://youtu.be/QDszFHnQ0ic

1 Like

hahaha you’re a good man.

Please read my words with the following framing: “I’m frustrated at myself for not understanding what to do”

The docker suggestion is appreciated. I was prompted by AWS to Docker as well.

I think generally, Wappler would benefit from helping (laymans like myself) people with each stage of the practical* process

Is there a simpler way to answer to this question

I have built a web app in Wappler, how do I deploy to the world?

The problem with the internet, it is progressing much too fast. I was used to old fashioned web servers that were based on Windows or Unix/Linux delivering HTTP. Now I have just finished wrestling with HTTP/2, SSL and NGINX.

Lo and behold, we are now faced with server-less cloud solutions that require containers, images, machines and the like.

Is it time to quit? Probably not but it is getting harder.

1 Like

I am here to learn, from you.

1 Like

Wappler makes sense. What does not make sense, is what come next.

If I were in your shoes, I would follow someone else’s example and learn from that. That is why this series from Brian would help you a lot.

Ok

Node.js installed > now what

Node.js is not functioning in the same way a normal software would function ? so how does it work

(This is the confusing part for everyone)

Imagine like this

Parts to a $B web app

Part 1: Wappler
Part 2: ?
Part 3: ?

So

You say

Part 2: Node Js. But Node JS is confusing & I don’t understand what it

Have a look here for nodejs https://www.w3schools.com/nodejs/

In short, nodejs is a serverside language like PHP etc. It allows JavaScript to be used on the server.

When using Wappler, there is no need to fully understand nodejs because Wappler does all of the hard work.

As far as the workflow is concerned:

1. Setup a local Docker development environment
  2. Develop the site locally
  3. Deploy the Docker Machine to a Cloud host
1 Like

Hi Sam,

You can check this article deploy to the cloud and get your site up and running in seconds:

1 Like

Thanks @ben & @George I’ll check it out now

@ben & @George

Hi Ben and George, would it be correct for me to say that Digital Ocean is going to do the same thing as Amazon Beanstalk?

Ok so,

If i can get my head around what Docker is and why I need Docker

If I follow this workflow

I should be able to get the content I create in Wappler to display to the world through Docker?

Is that right?

Up until now, I have produced my websites using Apache and lately Nginx/Apache as the web servers, PHP as the serverside language and MySQL as the database. Locally I have Apache installed as has my remote server.

Come the likes of Beanstalk, Digital Ocean, Azure and other cloud hosting services. These do not have the Apache or any other server installed. This asks for the application to have the necessary servers installed within a so-called container. This is where Docker comes into effect. When developing your website, the container within the Docker engine has all of the necessities to be able to serve your website.

For more information Google the subject or have a look at https://www.ibm.com/cloud/learn/containers

Ok so…

Apache = produce websites
Nginx/Apache = web servers
PHP = serverside language
MYSQL = database
Apache = remote erver

Beanstalk / Digital Ocean / Azure = Cloud hosting services (which then = no servers)

Docker = servers (I’m assuming websites and web applications can both be served yes?)

Also @ben

Does that mean

That if Apache and Docker are both “Servers” that I only need to use 1 of them? or both of them?