What do you think should happen?

Routes should show file content in panel and be editable

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

No content in the routes panel:

How to reproduce

• Detail a step by step guide to reproduce the issue
  • A screenshot or short video indicating the problem
  • A copy of your code would help. Include: JS, HTML.
  • Test your steps on a clean page to see if you still have an issue

I added a page and route did not add add to the file. I checked the panel and it was empty. I opened the file and no route was added. I manually added it to the routes file. This should be editable through the routes panel.

PLEASE DELETE THE BUG TEMPLATE DUMMY TEXT BEFORE POSTING THE TOPIC!

How exactly did you create the page (where from)? Is it a content page or is it a layout page?

Which file did you add this and what exactly did you add there?

I have a main page for the template and all pages I add are content pages

I just copied the existing content page code and made changes for the new content page.

{
      "path": "/register",
      "page": "register",
      "layout": "main",
      "routeType": "content"
    }

copied and changed to:

{
      "path": "/password",
      "page": "password",
      "layout": "main",
      "routeType": "content"
    }

All works fine, just not displaying in panel. I only went this route as I could not go the visual route in panel

routes.json.zip (698 Bytes)

How did you create the content page which was not added to the panel then (which menu / where from in Wappler)?

o Ok., the pages panel:

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 14.09.26

So you see it under the Pages tab, but it was not added to the routes panel?
Please restart Wappler with logging and open the routes panel and then send us the debug log.

report1636374112022.zip (287.6 KB)

Hope I did it correctly

I see no errors in the log.
What if you create a new route in the routing panel? Does it show?

it shows on panel but not in route file

Also just added another page, Bottom I got an error like this:

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 14.30.58

Can you try completely quitting Wappler and restarting your computer to see if that fixes the issue?

Tried - In routes panel it shows the last created page, but nothing else. Clicking generate routing rules gives me the same error as previously

In fact doing anything in the panel gives me that error

Something must be really corrupted in your site / config.
Is this only happening in this project? What if you try creating a new page in another node project? Is it getting added to the routes panel, after created in the pages panel?

I am only working on this one project. I will create another this evening and test and get back to you.

@Teodor Created new project and routes get created with new pages as expected. My original project also worked fine. Until it didn’t. Is there away to find the problem, I have about 2-3 days’ worth of work to lose if I have to start over :flushed:

This morning I created a new page and checked the routes panel and there they all were back in place… Is your tech support that good :rofl: Like the little elves that make shoes while the cobbler sleeps…

Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 10.01.19

Glad to hear it’s fine now … and yes, we we intruded your computer this night and fixed it :slight_smile:
Maybe it was some temporary glitch in the project settings, couldn’t really replicate this locally.

1 Like