Routes delete not working

Starting using App Connect Routing for the first time and was pleasantly surprised at how well it works and easy it is. Being the hand coder I am(well, for some stuff), I copied and pasted the code output on the index page and added the routes using the interface. Doing this broke everything, so I guess some stuff is added using the app connect interface that I cannot see/find and copy/pasting is not the way to work faster here.

With everything broken, I am trying to start from scratch, but the routing panel’s delete in the top and right click option is not doing anything I can see…

Where do you insert the routing data. On mobile it’s easy to select a file, but with desktop apps I cannot see where this is stored i.e. routes.js or app.js.

Any idea how I can clear the routing data and try again…?

Getting Error 404 on all the routes except the initial content area that displays when first loading index.html

You should never copy and paste routing data between pages. There is the UI that you must use for this.
I strongly suggest checking the documentation and follow what is explained there:

The routing data is kept in routing.json file in .wappler folder.
Also it’s being written in the .htaccess file, so you can remove them and start again.

2 Likes

Still getting 404 when adding a second content section. I followed the tutorial:

https://docs.wappler.io/t/creating-single-page-apps-spa/6583

My situation is that I have already existing content sections. I do not put everything on the index page and then “move” them as per tutorial.

The tutorial only shows the routing panel for the first route and does not show it after the 2 content sections were moved to content pages, so I cannot check to confirm if there is a type of tree with a subroute within the main route. My first attempt created it that way and it worked at first.

So here are my current setup with screenshots:

The dashboard section works, but not allsites:

This is my routing with just index/dashboard as per tutorial:

Added allsites:

With the last screenshot it might not even be necessary, but I cannot see from tutorial if it is if you add a content page that already exists…

Hope it is enough info to help you see where I am missing the plot. thanks

There is also another bug report about this:

So we will improve that as well.

1 Like

Cool, no problem - I could fix manually, just have problems with getting routes to work as per my screenshots and post.

Please provide a link to your page with the clientside routes where you are “getting 404”. It’s not clear from your screenshots what are you trying to do exactly.

http://pixlapps.com/masterfulltasking/

Click on sites > All Sites

allsites route is one I added which is problem.

The dashboard content section works perfectly on load.

Please re-generate the routes (1) and click the upload button (2), in order to upload your .htaccess file to the server:

Screenshot_32

Sorry, using transmit for ftp and completely forgot to upload the hidden files - it is done now.

Please attach your htaccess here so we can inspect what is generated.

1 Like

.htaccess.zip (686 Bytes)

just to be clear - _allsites.html is a content page that should load into the index page just as the dashboard content section does…

Where is your .htaccess uploaded?
Is it in: http://pixlapps.com/masterfulltasking/ which is the root folder defined for this site on the server?

yes

Also can you answer this please?

Is the local and site structure the same? I.e. on your server you are working in a subfolder, is that the same locally?

no - locally I am just working on masterfulltasking folder and not in subfolder. I just had to upload to my company website in a subfolder - when going live it will be in public_html of masterfull domain

Your structure cannot be different. If you are working in a root folder locally and not in the subfolder, then it must be the same on your server.

ok, but I get the 404 locally as well and content does not load into index… there it should work?