It’s working … thanks

1 Like

Mine too :grinning:

Using WAMP, I include a couple of lines in this section of my.ini:
[mysqld]
; enables SQL queries to be logged
general_log = 1
general_log_file=C:\wamp64\logs\mysql_query.log

Are there, or will there be options to make customisations like this? Perhaps such options could be added to the docker-compose.yml file. I tried adding:
command: mysqld --general-log=1 --general-log-file=/mysql_query.log
… within the db: section but don’t know what sort of path to use for the log file (this is on Windows) - but I don’t know if this is the right approach anyway.

I made a change to the settings within Wappler and the changes I had made to docker-compose.yml were overwritten, so perhaps this isn’t the way to do it, for the moment anyway. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Have you tried to log into your container console and changing your my.ini from there?

Wappler uses a predefined PHP images - that we have customized ourselves to include the most common options and the options we need mostly for Server Connect. See our images at:

https://hub.docker.com/u/wapplerio

So we could add additional config options for the php ini file, or let you specify your own image that you can easily publish on docker hub, with all the config you want.

2 Likes

Thanks @JonL. I’m not quite sure what you mean, but I tried running this command (from a Windows command prompt):

docker exec www__docker_local_db_1 mysqld --user=db_user --general-log=1 --general-log-file=/mysql_query.log
… with and without the password, but without much success:

I may not be on the right track at all.

Tom - do you simply want to display the logs files? We have a button for that on the Docker toolbar…

Thanks @George. That explains ‘wapplerio/php-7.3-apache’ appearing in the image list.

It would certainly be useful to have options to edit the php.ini file, but in this case it’s the MySQL my.ini file I need to edit (or use another method).

I just want the mysql_query log. I tried the log files button but am not sure what it does or where I might find the log files, if they’re generated somewhere.

we will be adding additional logs options, so no need to hack the docker images for that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great - as long as the query log is available I’ll be happy. I don’t think the docker images would benefit from me hacking them.

Oh Teodor that will be a another great stuff, database creator in wappler…wah that huge time saver…looking forward to it, let us use docker for a while hehe…you guys are bullet…so fast… :slight_smile:

Hi All, can anyone suggest me a Docker hosting… affordable ones?

1 Like

A Google search will help you here e.g. https://www.whoishostingthis.com/compare/docker/

But why should you want a Docker hosting server? As has been pointed out, (and I may be wrong here) Docker is ideal for local development after which it can be deployed to a regular remote host. Database SQL files are included in your site, in the folder called .wappler.

Deploying with Docker is becoming a standard.

It’s not so much about the contents of the website, but the environment.

Docker makes sure that your all your environments(dev, test, regression, prod, etc) are exactly the same. So if it works locally you can be fairy sure that it will work in production.

2 Likes

Thanks @JonL, I have noticed that you, along with @George, @Teodor and @patrick, have had quite a bit of experience on this topic for which, I for one, am greatly appreciative. As a newbie, I was puzzled as to how this could be deployed and decided to spend many hours trashing the subject. I found it to be far too laborious and costly to deploy on a Docker host. The status quo dictates that it is only viable in a local development environment, thanks to Wappler.

Having said that, I am excited with the technology and do see a future where the Docker server will play an important part in web development. I am sure that the Team at Wappler will make the deployment easier and that cheaper Docker hosts are just over the horizon.

Thumbs up for all involved. :+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

As indicated above with have integrated just the local development part of Docker in Wappler.

When we also integrate the deployment part, it will be just a breeze to deploy to any docker hosting :slight_smile:

As you would expect from Wappler :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Interesting point, as behavior from local docker to live environment is similar, it makes sense to have a Docker Hosting out there. Also it would take time to migrate all the things to live server via mysql + ftp structure and permissions. Also .htaccess depends strongly on webserver and file structure.

Maybe a short step by step info from local dev. to live dev. would be interesting.

Nearly all major cloud hosting companies offer docker support. AWS, DO, Google, Azure, Rackspace, etc

1 Like