RETURNING in postgresql

@George
The postgresql database has a surprisingly strong feature, which in some situations can speed up the query by 2-3 times. I’m talking about RETURNING in INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE queries. Unlike mysql/mariadb, thanks to this command, you can both INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE in query, and get all the record data in the response. Due to this, it is not necessary to make a separate request to get the full data of the inserted record. In some cases, this incredibly speeds up the final execution of the server action.

Question: is it possible to make Wappler support this postgresql feature in the basic INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE queries?

Actually we are already using the RETURNING internally and also return the primary key for INSERT.

Isn’t that enough?

I need all the fields of the record, because in addition to the id there are also fields that are generated at the time of INSERT/UPDATE.

I see, ok moved to feature request

1 Like

Wanted to bump this feature because of the ever growing usage of postgresql (and because I always forget to reopen my serverconnects in the code editor and manually change RETURNING to “*” haha)