Retrieving data from nested repeats

My question is… can I use Data Detail to retrieve data from Nested Repeat Regions?

I have a server side nested repeat that looks like this

In my app, I have a dynamic repeat row which displays the Category, and then each product within that category along with an add to cart button. If someone presses the button, it then opens a modal window to ask for options such as size, colour etc.

<button class="btn btn-warning" id="with_options" dmx-hide="set_price" dmx-on:click="options.data_detail.select(id);options.show()"><i class="fa fa-plus"></i></button>

The problem is, I can’t seem to get the product details showing in the Modal window. The best I’ve managed to get is the category details.

<dmx-data-detail id="data_detail" dmx-bind:data="menu.data.category.product" key="id"></dmx-data-detail>
          <div class="modal-header">
            <h5 class="modal-title"> {{data_detail.data.name}} </h5>

Hi @max_gb, did you manage to fix this. I’m also not seeing the child level query (within repeat), same issue.

I did get this working in the end as the issue was being caused with the dynamic data picker. I had to change my expression to modal1.data_detail1.select(id) manually.

1 Like

@max_gb… Thanks a ton… I’m struggling with this one… by any chance you have an working example?

Not live at the moment. If you post an example link maybe we can look into it?

Thanks mate, I figured it out… the dynamic data picker is still flawed… I figured out what’s done manually by you to get the nested data… Thanks again!