Resources Manager - Import Existing Server - Can't access the server with ssh, got: root@...Permission denied

Wappler v5.8.2, NodeJS, MacOS, Docker

Hi,

I am trying to import an existing server in the Resources Manager but I keep getting the Can't access the server with ssh, got: root@... Permission denied (public,password) error.

The server was created on Linode with Wappler about a year ago. I have added Linode Cloud Provider in the Resources Manager and I can retrieve a list of all the servers on Linode in Wappler. But I can’t import the existing server. There’s no change in the SSH keys used when server was originally created.

Any help in resolving this issue is greatly appreciated.

You have to have the same docker machine configuration on the same pc that was used for the initial server creation as it includes the ssh key to access it.

Hi George,

I am trying to import the existing server on the same pc where it was initially created. The server was originally created in Wappler with type: Sockets in another project. Now I am trying to import it in a new project from the Resources Manager.

Do I need to first add a remote docker target for this existing server in the new project using the type: Sockets and then use the resources manager to import it?

Well as long as you have the same ssh key available that the server was create with you can import it.

Maybe see if the key is added to the SSH agent as well.

The SSH key has been added to the SSH agent.

But it seems the id_rsa.pub file for this remote server under machines is different to the SSH key for the Cloud Provider. I don’t understand why that’s the case. I have used the same ssh key to create 5-6 servers via Wappler’s Sockets method in my previous projects.