Requesting a "Stupid" Mode for Editing Local & Online File & Href Links

I would love a big button always available and changing color with Status Enabled – "Wappler, leave my code alone!"

Wappler insists on changing head Includes, JS, all file Link References to “be smart” and helpful.
Which really devalues Wappler as a simple IDE.

The biggest headache is having to pull page code into a non-intrusive and non-destructive text editor during the course of a project before I can FTP the modification of page code back to a target server.

No matter whether working With Routing as a Default, or not choosing to use it in PHP, or selecting Document or Site href base Wappler refuses to leave the links alone – painstakingly modified to work in a particular server environment online.

Not being able to stop Wappler from changing links on Save is a time-killing frustration. I want to be able to pull pages back down from a given online server and modify them without any Wappler link re-writes so that I can use Wappler’s FTP to upload them back onto that server.

Call it a HANDS OFF SANDBOX or something . . .

As it is, the main reason pages don’t work or are missing CSS or JS files, for instance, after the first time they are uploaded & then modified is because of this one “feature”.

For now, though, I have to bounce back and forth between Wappler, a text editor and FileZilla for every change required.

Well if autocorrecting links according to what’s being selected (relative to site root or file) breaks your includes links then i have bad news for you - your project local site and/or remote target have been set up wrongly.
Usually that’s because their folder structure does not match.

Autocorrecting links have now put me hours behind.
I can not make my localhost match (no matter what base href) is chosen with my server hosting.

I have tried so many combinations of with routing, without routing, document reference, site root reference –

especially when I have to work on a file in folders further down the path from the root.

Wappler in whatever setting that I get working on a remote server then re-writes the working links at some point when I make changes.

I want to have reference to Wappler components while making changes with files already working on line.

I would like to have a “Wappler don’t rewrite – I know why I am doing what I am doing” mode so that if I see a file with a problem later in ANY project I can simply download it and make changes while leaving the links alone.

That Wappler locks me into a Project settings reference inflexibly means I have to go open up a Project from last week or before even though each Project is using exactly the same default components in the head properties .

It would be great to just open Wappler at any time in a default folder location that is tolerant of not knowing which folder is assigned for this “session”.

I don’t really have an idea what exactly are you talking about, but as I explained above, if you have such issues then this means your project and/or target are wrongly set up.