Replacement for Dreamwearver?

So, with Mac OS Catalina, Dreamweaver CS6 no longer works. The only reason I still use it was because of the plugins and the ability to update an entire site…

On those two issues, how much of a replacement is Wappler for DW CC? I’ll have to buy a license to continue to use my DW plugins…

Chances are that your old plug ins for cs6 will not work with cc anyways.

What kind of plug ins were you using? Chances are you can do it in Wappler without plug ins.

Wappler can pretty much do anything any DMX zone plugin could do and much more, no plugins, full integration, one licence.

And definately, if your plugins are from DMXZone, Wappler is the way to go. It does everything all the DMXZone extensions (except the PayPal one) do and so much more. Save yourself a ton of money by moving to Wappler.

I have DMX zone plugins, and a lot of PVII (project seven) things. I got disappointed in DMX zone stuff for failing to do install updates on CS6.

What about auto update an entire site ? For instance, if I make a footer change in the template in DW , the entire site updates with a press of a button.

That is a very old way tot do stuff. That technology is probably ten years out dated, USing Server Side Includes or SPA sites is much more efficient.

Edit: Switching to DW CC won’t help you with that either as I believe DW removed templating a few years ago.

Edit 2: Also keep in mind that DW CC does not have an extension manager anymore either. You will need to use an extension installer provided by the extension provider. DMXZone has a good one.

1 Like

I’ve not use DW for over a year now. Using wappler my productivity has gone through the roof and we are kicking out much better work than we did with DW.
Don’t hesitate make the swap you won’t regret it.

3 Likes