Renaming a project folder

I want to rename a project folder e.g. from “Project1” to “Project2”. Is there any ‘best’ way to do this? Thanks

Hi.
Where do you want to rename this?
The name of a website generally means the domain name. Which you will have to buy if you want another name.

If you are talking about name of a project and Wappler, you can do so by going into project settings from the cog icon at bottom left.

1 Like

Thanks sid. I should have been clearer I mean the folder name the website is in on my Windows machine - i.e. the folder name that appears at the top of the list of files on Wappler. I remember changing the folder name here a while back (using rename) and it screwed up. I thought there might be something else I had to do before that but I might just duplicate the folder and start afresh. Thanks for the response.

Remember if you have used the Project you are renaming in other Projects (as a data source for mobile etc) you will need to update the site tag to reflect the new name (the links to your Server Connect Actions contain the variable site=“EXAMPLE”). Just a heads-up.

1 Like

Yeah, thanks ‘just Dave’. This project is pretty new (and small) so no problem there now, but I’ll keep that in mind. Cheers.

1 Like

I have never seen any issues with renaming that OUTSIDE of Wappler. Haven’t ever tried from within.

What we do is remove the project from Wappler’s projects list. Rename folder via File Explorer. Select project by using open option Wappler again.

We have seen issues with the project manager if the path of existing prpject chabges… Or if some other project content that takes its place. Not a Wappler issue as such, but didn’t dig deep to find what happens.

1 Like

Interesting. I like hearing different ways people do things. I think the key to making the change outside Wappler is deleting the project from Wappler’s project list first before you bring in the newly named project.

(Sorry about the lack of clarity in the op. I’ve been struggling with issue after issue for days (mainly Docker) and the old brain is fried)